Where are all the deals for the 2020?

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I am looking for the 2020 supra's in the Bay area and I cannot find a single dealer who is selling the car for less than 50k. I am seeing posts on this forum of people buying their cars for 48k and some even 46k. I did know a dealer who was selling for 48 but then I missed out as they sold it to someone else.

Anyone know any good deals in the bay area. This stupid pandemic screwed up all my plans. I was supposed to buy this car in March... :(
Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I am looking for the 2020 supra's in the Bay area and I cannot find a single dealer who is selling the car for less than 50k. I am seeing posts on this forum of people buying their cars for 48k and some even 46k. I did know a dealer who was selling for 48 but then I missed out as they sold it to someone else.

Anyone know any good deals in the bay area. This stupid pandemic screwed up all my plans. I was supposed to buy this car in March... :(
You missed the boat I think. A month ago you could pick up whatever you wanted for 47k. They're all mostly sold now. Whatever is left will be more expensive, and less to choose from. Probably have to travel for a deal.

OP
OP
eyeye96

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
You missed the boat I think. A month ago you could pick up whatever you wanted for 47k. They're all mostly sold now. Whatever is left will be more expensive, and less to choose from. Probably have to travel for a deal.
Yeah you are right. It looks like that. I couldn't find a single deal under 50k.

Should rather buy a 2021 I guess.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You might not be able to find one priced under 50K but Toyota might still be offering 0% financing which could possibly save you money. I got almost $5000 off MSRP and 0% financing. I donā€™t think you can get the 0% financing on the 2021 model and even if you could Iā€™d be surprised if dealers werenā€™t adding a premium on top of MSRP.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Oh but hereā€™s the catch. Ad says that includes $3500 Toyota cash back in that discount. It depends what works out better for the buyer but you canā€™t get the cash back and 0% financing together. Itā€™s one or the other.

OP
OP
eyeye96

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
you are right, car gurus price quote cannot be trusted. I called the dealers and they say a different price from whats quoted on car gurus. And when i mention car gurus, they say its a third party service and has nothing to do with the dealer.

I was reading people getting 46-48k with 0%. I guess thats all gone now. However a dealer agreed to sell 2021 at MSRP so I guess I am going to go with them

Last edited:

Pumice

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0

What color and options are your looking for? If you can track down what you want online, I would definitely pay a visit to the dealership. I scoured the online inventories for every Toyota dealership in the Bay the last couple weeks. Fremont Toyota seems to have a good number of 2020s left, but it may be because they aren't as willing to haggle. The lowest price they offered me via email was $49,928 about three weeks ago. The best price I received via email was for a premium Turbulence Gray for $48,500 from Luke Zhang at Sunnyvale Toyota about two weeks ago. There's a Red Launch Edition with 53 miles on it that dropped to down to $52,000 at Walnut Creek Toyota last night. They were stuck on $52,500 when i visited them earlier in the morning. I've gone there twice and they won't haggle at all. I think it's a decent price for a LE if that's what you're into. I was told it used to belong to one of the shop owners.

Last Friday, a premium Renaissance Red sold for around $47,000 at Capital Toyota so the deals are definitely still out there. You may be able to score a deal in the coming week when things slow down after the holiday weekend sales. Good luck and feel free to DM if you have any questions.

Last edited:

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
DannyV is right, the 2020 are scarce now, and they won't sell them for cheap bc there is less available unless you want to wait for the 2021 to come in. The colors are limited as well. Dealerships use it as a tactic. A few months ago when there was higher inventory and the virus, you could of gotten a better deal.

noooooooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 18 Golf GTI, 16 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR, 14 IS350 F-Sport (recently departed), 02 Jetta GLI (recently departed),
In my experience, CarGuru prices are "too good to be true" sometimes - just a click bait sometimes (if not often).

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
Today would be the last chance to get a good deal on a 2020 since it's end of the $3500 cash-back, unless Toyota extends it. For reference, for those who might be shopping in So. Cal., a few weeks ago I passed on a Launch Edition for $50k, and last week I picked up a 2020 Premium with almost all accessories for $46.7k.

OP
OP
eyeye96

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
What color and options are your looking for? If you can track down what you want online, I would definitely pay a visit to the dealership. I scoured the online inventories for every Toyota dealership in the Bay the last couple weeks. Fremont Toyota seems to have a good number of 2020s left, but it may be because they aren't as willing to haggle. The lowest price they offered me via email was $49,928 about three weeks ago. The best price I received via email was for a premium Turbulence Gray for $48,500 from Luke Zhang at Sunnyvale Toyota about two weeks ago. a. There's a Red Launch Edition with 53 miles on it that dropped to down to $52,000 at Walnut Creek Toyota last night. They were stuck on $52,500 when i visited them earlier in the morning. I've gone there twice and they won't haggle at all. I think it's a decent price for a LE if that's what you're into. I was told it used to belong to one of the shop owners.

Last Friday, a premium Renaissance Red sold for around $47,000 at Capital Toyota so the deals are definitely still out there. You may be able to score a deal in the coming week when things slow down after the holiday weekend sales. Good luck and feel free to DM if you have any questions.
I have been to fremont toyota so many times and they are a bunch of idiots. Thy are the only dealership in the bay with a huge inventory of supras because they are not reducing their prices at all. I have had it with them and would never do business with them.

The best dealership i found was SF toyota and they were seeling supras for 46-48k. I also saw his price on theeir website and also have emails quotes from them. But I was too late and they ran out of Supra's. They are still selling 2021's at MSRP but they dont have any now.

I am looking for a red supra though I have no intention to get a LE as I am going to daily my supra. I did talk to capitol Toyota on Saturday and the sales person mentioned that they sold the red one a day ago and they only have a black one now.

From what I see only Fremont has a bunch of red Supras and the ones offering good deals dont have any red one's!
Sponsored