Wind Noise & Buffeting Fixes

SupraGR21

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium
I did the amazon $9 door edge fix but let me say it didn't get rid of the issue 100%. I would say maybe about 90% of a fix. I'm hoping Toyota fixes this on a future model and then we can all swap our factory ones with OEM ones from Toyota.
Sponsored

Chief131

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
So the door edge guards really work? Interesting, i think i may take this approach, did anyone actually apply it to the door edge or just throw out the spare two?
DO IT! Best ten bucks I have spent on this car. Actually, it is the only thing for this car you will find for ten bucks . But it totally worked! It should be on some life hacks post on FB.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
The door edge guards work up to 65 mph with the driver window alone or both windows open. Interestingly it does not work at all with just the passenger window open. Also, above 65 the effectiveness rapidly diminishes. Given the incredible torque with the e50 tune it is difficult to resist the temptation to briefly blast up to 70-75 in normal traffic. at which point the buffeting is substantial. Worse yet is entering the freeway from an onramp at 85-90.

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
The door edge guards work up to 65 mph with the driver window alone or both windows open. Interestingly it does not work at all with just the passenger window open. Also, above 65 the effectiveness rapidly diminishes. Given the incredible torque with the e50 tune it is difficult to resist the temptation to briefly blast up to 70-75 in normal traffic. at which point the buffeting is substantial. Worse yet is entering the freeway from an onramp at 85-90.
I got to test the YSWY edge guards on the highway over the weekend. Up to 80mph, I got no buffeting with both windows down. With driver’s window down I got minor buffeting over 70mph, and with passenger window down I got a bit more buffeting over 60mp. I’ll have to retest passenger window next time my wife rides with me. Considering that practically every sports car and SUV I’ve ever owned has had buffeting to some degree or another, this is the best $10 I’ve spent on any car.

https://www.amazon.com/Stickers-Pro...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PNSMJMATFFEEW6NDYZMF

Your wind pressure might vary.

Attachments

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten Silver 3.0 Premium Supra
I tried rolling with the $9.00 fix but hated how they looked like a $9.00 fix on a 60K car. So I ended up plopping down the $130.00 for the gloss black wind deflectors.

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
I tried rolling with the $9.00 fix but hated how they looked like a $9.00 fix on a 60K car. So I ended up plopping down the $130.00 for the gloss black wind deflectors.
My thoughts exactly, it is a 98K car here to put "cheap stuff" on/in it seems counter intuitive to me

I have some Twisted Tuning gloss black ones, they weren't cheap, especially factoring freight over to here but they absolutely work & are basically invisible on the car :)

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
My thoughts exactly, it is a 98K car here to put "cheap stuff" on/in it seems counter intuitive to me

I have some Twisted Tuning gloss black ones, they weren't cheap, especially factoring freight over to here but they absolutely work & are basically invisible on the car :)
Glad you like them. That was our goal with them to make them so they are barely noticeable

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
It's amazing how we can all look at the same things and come to wildly different conclusions. I think it's great actually but funny that I feel just the opposite. The "cheap stuff" blends in so well in my opinion that I don't even notice them. They look perfect to me. While it's the "expensive ones" that seem like add-ons to me. Like I constantly tell my kid; different strokes for different folks!

Sup960

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LE 960
It's amazing how we can all look at the same things and come to wildly different conclusions. I think it's great actually but funny that I feel just the opposite. The "cheap stuff" blends in so well in my opinion that I don't even notice them. They look perfect to me. While it's the "expensive ones" that seem like add-ons to me. Like I constantly tell my kid; different strokes for different folks!
$9 for mine, looks and works great

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Added mine last week. Rarely driving with windows down... so I thought these would suffice as well.

8D8D6B51-F879-4165-96AC-43B4658043E7.jpeg
3674FE77-678E-4DF4-B0A8-BCC7FB5751D0.jpeg
I went with these too. They are very effective; buffeting is gone and wind noise is reduced dramatically. They are hardly noticeable and pretty much look like OEM equipment. I feel like I can actually drive with the windows cracked or down. For $9, you cannot beat these, especially when vendors are selling products that do the same thing for $50 or even more:thumbsdown:

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Being a crafty guy I sort of am, I would file the bottom portion you guys abruptly chopped off to follow the top contour (make it rounder) and spray it gloss black.

Of course I went with the AMS matte CF + gloss black 2080 (non-fin area) on mine.