XHP Reviews and Feedback!

Uwatm8

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RDX, CLS63 AMG
Anyone know if you can run xhp with a pure trans Stage 1?
Sponsored

Bluemkv

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 91 Wrangler 4.0
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve been running pure stage 1 trans with stage 2 XHP since January. Itā€™s not the smoothest but I think thatā€™s just the nature of the transmission after itā€™s been built.

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 Ascent Touring
Has anyone adjusted comfort mode shift points / have recommendations? I've spent 98% of my time so far driving in Sport mode, but now that I installed an AWE exhaust I wouldn't mind occasionally actually driving in comfort mode. Currently I'm flashed for XHP Stage 2.

I feel like comfort mode just rushes to the highest gear it can as fast as it can. If I recall correctly I was driving around in 6th (hell maybe it was even 7th) at 40mph and I just feel like I'm lugging the engine. Would love to get things set somewhere between comfort at sport...for example if Comfort puts me in 6th at 40mph and Sport has me in 4th...maybe 5th is going to be the happy medium.
Just put the gas saver enabled for "normal" mode

Uwatm8

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RDX, CLS63 AMG
Iā€™ve been running pure stage 1 trans with stage 2 XHP since January. Itā€™s not the smoothest but I think thatā€™s just the nature of the transmission after itā€™s been built.
Does it benefit our trans over the stock tcu calibration?

Bluemkv

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Does it benefit our trans over the stock tcu calibration?
It should still do the same as it does for the stock trans as far as faster shifts, etc. I just kept it the same way as when my transmission was stock, because the shop that installed my trans said it was fine to do so. Iā€™ve thought about flashing back to stock to see if the shifts feel any smoother.

Uwatm8

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RDX, CLS63 AMG
It should still do the same as it does for the stock trans as far as faster shifts, etc. I just kept it the same way as when my transmission was stock, because the shop that installed my trans said it was fine to do so. Iā€™ve thought about flashing back to stock to see if the shifts feel any smoother.
So, in your opinion, is it worth the money for xhp with pure stage 1? Or if you had to do it again, would you forgo it?

Bluemkv

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So, in your opinion, is it worth the money for xhp with pure stage 1? Or if you had to do it again, would you forgo it?
Iā€™d have to flash back to stock and drive it for a while to be able to tell you for sure. But for now I would say, if you do not already have XHP and are happy with how the car shifts, donā€™t bother with it.

Uwatm8

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RDX, CLS63 AMG
Iā€™d have to flash back to stock and drive it for a while to be able to tell you for sure. But for now I would say, if you do not already have XHP and are happy with how the car shifts, donā€™t bother with it.
Appreciate the feedback bro, at that rate i am gonna keep it stock, as I find the shift points pretty ok.

on a side note, do you get a shudder of the car if you shift gears while off throttle?

I get a very subtle shudder when I shift from 4th to 5th, being off throttle. Doesnā€™t happen in any other gears :/

Bluemkv

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate the feedback bro, at that rate i am gonna keep it stock, as I find the shift points pretty ok.

on a side note, do you get a shudder of the car if you shift gears while off throttle?

I get a very subtle shudder when I shift from 4th to 5th, being off throttle. Doesnā€™t happen in any other gears :/
No problem man. Off the top of my head no I donā€™t believe so. Iā€™ll check though next time I drive my car and report back

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Has anyone adjusted comfort mode shift points / have recommendations? I've spent 98% of my time so far driving in Sport mode, but now that I installed an AWE exhaust I wouldn't mind occasionally actually driving in comfort mode. Currently I'm flashed for XHP Stage 2.

I feel like comfort mode just rushes to the highest gear it can as fast as it can. If I recall correctly I was driving around in 6th (hell maybe it was even 7th) at 40mph and I just feel like I'm lugging the engine. Would love to get things set somewhere between comfort at sport...for example if Comfort puts me in 6th at 40mph and Sport has me in 4th...maybe 5th is going to be the happy medium.
Yes - the XHP tune already bumps the shift points in normal mode up significantly. I was happy with what it did with 1st-4th so I left those alone, but I did move the shift points for 5->6, 6->7, and 7->8 up by 10% each since I felt those were still bogging a bit. Normal mode is fantastic now, zero bogging/lugging, I use it all the time. Before the XHP tune I literally never used normal auto mode since I hated the shift points so much.

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
1690926660389.png

This is my normal mode settings with an AWE exhaust no other mods, 7th and 8th are only used above 65mph IIRC, the 50% is worth it. You can drive around in normal mode and you aren't hungry for power, but you aren't revving for no reason like in sport settings.

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
I had no issues after breaking the transmission in. I was running using the Stage 2 tune.

How long have you been driving it after the install? This is normal until you put hundreds of miles on it. You've got to break it in with constant shifts. Best to be in stop and go traffic really. Also don't be in automatic mode until after you're done breaking in the transmission. (I was never in automatic mode anyways.) It just takes a while for it to relearn everything.

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 Premium; Mazda CX-5
This is my normal mode settings with an AWE exhaust no other mods, 7th and 8th are only used above 65mph IIRC, the 50% is worth it. You can drive around in normal mode and you aren't hungry for power, but you aren't revving for no reason like in sport settings.
This is awesome thanks for taking the time to screenshot this. Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for.
Sponsored