ZL1 Rock Guards - Buy the correct hardware before installing

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
Has anyone contacted the seller to see if there is some sort of assistance since this seems to be a common issue? If not, I'll hit them up and see what they will do about them.
One of my rock guards cracked after only a few months on the vehicle, but I didn't complain to zl1addons.com because 1. I'd bought them more than a year earlier and 2. I'd used my own mounting hardware. (I ordered the rock guards about the time I bought my first Supra, but my car was totalled after only 3 weeks, and shipping from the U.S. to Canada takes forever, so I ended up installing them on my replacement car.)

If the rock guards cracked for you using the supplied hardware after less than, say, 1 year, I think you absolutely should complain.

I think part of the problem is that the factory holes for mounting the rear fender liner are eyeballed by someone on the assembly line, not done by machine, so they vary from car to car. It's clear that one of mine is way off.
Sponsored

87gpe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Bronco, Tahoe
The set I just ordered did not come with black hardware for the rear. I did figure out how to install without taking the tires off, so that was convenient.

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
I put some spacers on and figured I’d do the ZL1 rock guards as well. I was super disappointed, flimsy plastic, wrong screws, bushings too long.

The factory screws have a very coarse thread. The ZL1s are not. The bushing is too long and barely gives you enough thread to work with.

Put one on, immediately removed it due to the cheap quality and threw them all away.

Overpriced junk… in my opinion and experience of course.
Mine work just fine. They are not fancy for sure, but not junk.

Snowblind20

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
The set I just ordered did not come with black hardware for the rear. I did figure out how to install without taking the tires off, so that was convenient.
Yeah, using a 90 degree screw driver takes a lot of thought.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Mine worked out perfectly fine for me, must be a case by a case issue for sure.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Mine also rub under load in the front, but there's barely any space with 265s and being lowered. I think it catches near the loose part of the flap because I accidentally damaged the pin that's supposed to hold it at that section.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I love mine - Im lowered on Swift springs with OEM wheels/tires. They really save that turned in portion from getting sprayed with rocks.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Sorry for reviving an old thread. Anyone know how thick these are?