👣 Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
Maybe Toyota is introducing a new trim level for the manual?

Down in Australia the 3.0 comes with the 18 inch wheels and unpainted brakes.

https://www.toyota.com.au/supra/prices?material_code=4S89780A0LB20D05

SPN_SUP_010D05LB204S89780A0_compcrop_004.png
It also has smaller rear brakes and 10 speakers. Just a thought, but maybe with lower than expected demand for the 2.0 Toyota might phase it out with something like this? I recall several people asking for a base 3.0 with crappy brakes and wheels because they were just going to aftermarket anyways.
Sponsored

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
I'm guessing February.

The Daytona 500.
That or any of these other dates.

https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota...merica-expands-motorsports-footprint-to-nhra/

The NHRA season begins on February 20 at Auto Club Raceway in Pomona, California. Formula DRIFT will kick off their season in Long Beach, California, on April 2, and the GT4 will take to the track for the IMSA schedule at Daytona International Speedway on January 29 and in SRO competition on February 25 in St. Petersburg, Florida.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
The big question will be CAN Toyota actually deliver enough manuals to make a difference in sales/perception in the market, with the chip shortage and supply chain issues still plaguing the manufacturers…..that’s the question. I do applaud Toyota for this though, all signs point to them rolling this out this year.
They were only projecting a 30% take rate for the manual. I think sales is at the bottom of their priority list. Let's face it, the only really reason why Toyota brought this project back from the dead was to save face with the new upcoming Z. Agree, the sooner the better imo. Might get a few people to cancel their Z reservation/deposit. :lol:

Maybe Toyota is introducing a new trim level for the manual?

Down in Australia the 3.0 comes with the 18 inch wheels and unpainted brakes.

https://www.toyota.com.au/supra/prices?material_code=4S89780A0LB20D05

SPN_SUP_010D05LB204S89780A0_compcrop_004.png
It also has smaller rear brakes and 10 speakers. Just a thought, but maybe with lower than expected demand for the 2.0 Toyota might phase it out with something like this? I recall several people asking for a base 3.0 with crappy brakes and wheels because they were just going to aftermarket anyways.
From the start I was one of those few.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
They were only projecting a 30% take rate for the manual. I think sales is at the bottom of their priority list. Let's face it, the only really reason why Toyota brought this project back from the dead was to save face with the new upcoming Z. Agree, the sooner the better imo. Might get a few people to cancel their Z reservation/deposit. :lol:

From the start I was one of those few.
Honestly think Akio will push for production sooner after getting shade from the Nissan executive at Tokyo Auto Salon. Where they were talking about each other's cars. Toyota basically questioned why Nissan was using the same chassis and Nissan responds saying we have manual.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
Honestly think Akio will push for production sooner after getting shade from the Nissan executive at Tokyo Auto Salon. Where they were talking about each other's cars. Toyota basically questioned why Nissan was using the same chassis and Nissan responds saying we have manual.
To be honest Toyoda-san was giving him a bunch of flack as well. It's just a fun rivalry.

However some Nissan fans on the Z forum however are taking it juuuust a tad more seriously... Some of those members act like you're on SupraForums...

All in all, the jabs are fun, but some people on the internet just lose the point of a joke.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
We use to have one or two guys that attended the dealer meetings and would reported back. I wonder what happened to them?

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
We use to have one or two guys that attended the dealer meetings and would reported back. I wonder what happened to them?

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Do you guys remember that BMW insider saying if a manual isn't offered on the Z4 than the Supra wouldn't be getting one either? So if this happens, does that mean the Z4 is getting a stick as well?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.