👣 Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dyu9956

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, RAV4, Lexus IS350, BMW 550i M

dyu9956

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pretty sure this is fake. Sent this to my Toyota contact and he sent back a video of that screen and they don’t exist. Also land cruiser won’t be offered in the USA. So it’s not even accurate.
This is real. I see the same thing. You have to have a certain access to see that. We can locate vehicles anywhere in the country. The Land Cruisers I checked on there are mostly 2021 Demos. So there ya go.

dyu9956

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm a little suprised that the 2.0 is going to be sticking around for another year.
These are 2022 model codes :) don’t know if they’re keeping them but you’re looking at 2022s and the MTs are 2023 model codes.
Edit: 2020 to include the Launch edition.

Last edited:

dyu9956

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honestly this list was sourced from online, as I said this "could" be it or just a photoshop but the other model numbers are spot on, however the MT model numbers still dont show up on my allocation lists.
You gotta have the vehicle locate access to see those man

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
This are 2022 model codes :) don’t know if they’re keeping them but you’re looking at 2022s and the MTs are 2023 model codes.
So are the new colors posted yesterday confirmed or can you not see that yet?

Really hoping Portimao blue is happening and not a SE color only.

dyu9956

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So are the new colors posted yesterday confirmed or can you not see that yet?
Not until allocation. Once they start getting allocated across the country, wherever they start first, is when we’ll see them

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
You will never hit peak torque at 1600rpm...my S55 M2 Comp spec supposedly hits peak torque at 2500 but I never got that in 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th...the closet was 4th at 3000 rpm. In 3rd I need 4000rpm to hit peak torque and in 2nd close to 5000rpm. I have driven tons of MT turbo cars and none of them hit peak torque that early in 1st. There is simply not enough engine load in 1st, thus not enough fuel, thus not enough exhaust gas to push the turbo to hit full boost that early in 1st or 2nd
Another M2C owner here -- my understanding is that torque is artificially limited in 1st gear to keep the car manageable, and I think 2nd as well. I notice a heck of a lot more pull starting in 3rd (and by then the car is really moving so it is even more impressive).

There are a few threads about this on bimmerpost, as well as some of the other ways BMW uses engine management with the MT. There is a fair amount of doctoring going on. None of it really detracts from the driving experience in my opinion, although I was not a fan of their rev-matched downshifts at first. They also do subtle rev-matching on upshifts and rev-augmentation for low-speed clutch engagement in 1st. I've been driving MTs for 40 years so most of this is probably lost on me, but it would theoretically make everything smoother/better for less experienced MT drivers and probably work better with the rev characteristics of modern engines.

spdandpwr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra // 2020 BMW X3M
I hope they consider suspension improvements for 2023. The 2021 I have is pretty squirrely and Mischa over at RingTaxi has significant issues with the Supra...especially with the stability control re-activating itself on as it so desires

Babayaga Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Glad a manual is coming but a targa would be fire

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Photoshopped a red interior Supra to match the BMW Cognac leather color. I'm kind of liking the feel of the tan. Wonder how Toyota will be integrating the tan into the interior.
IMG_6358.png
I like it. I feel like it should always sorta smell like cigarette smoke though..

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Photoshopped a red interior Supra to match the BMW Cognac leather color. I'm kind of liking the feel of the tan. Wonder how Toyota will be integrating the tan into the interior.
IMG_6358.png
Is this an attempt to get the grandpas to buy a Supra? 😂

😡=🤮

Half Vast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 01 Tundra Limited, 00 4Runner
My wife came into my office last night and said, “So, are you going to man up and get the manual Supra?”
My response would have been challenge accepted.

Either way, it looks like a new Supra is in your future!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.