👣 Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RichSC

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra #86, 2018 Raptor
I have zero interest in a manual trans for this car. The auto works very well for track driving which is 98% of the use mine sees anymore.
Sponsored

d0xic

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra A91-CF Nitro Yellow
Honestly, I've really enjoyed my manual cars tremendously even though they were just daily's like the Altima/Mazda3, but I don't miss it in the Supra for the few months I've had it.

It will have to be maybe like the TargaTop/Manual combo, then I'd consider switching I think.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
What if they included a no-lift shift system for the manual? Would that sway anyone that wanted to stay with the auto?
Wouldn't change anything for me. A power bump and a track pack with wider, stickier tires and a much firmer suspension would be a game-changer.

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
Oh nice, I'm assuming you work for a Toyota dealer? Also, do you guys only get the 3.0 in New Zealand?
Nope don't work for them but have brought plenty of Toyota's from them inc two GR's so far :)

Yes only 3.0 sold new here

decryphe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1984 AE86 Trueno GT-Apex 2-door, and a Camry
Since there's no news on a manual option still, I just bought an Mk4 plus T56 swap kit instead. Not before test driving the MkV though, but the car felt surprisingly numb on the street. The auto was a big negative and really made the car feel like a boring albeit fast appliance. Sad really, I like how the car looks.
I also own an R33 GTR, an AE86 and an old Camry. Only the Camry has an auto, which is fine in a reliable grocery getter, but just not fun in a week-end toy.

Then again, I'd pay extra to get rid of the infotainment stuff, electric seats and so on. Which I may actually do sometime next year by ordering a GRJ76 Land Cruiser for some 80 grand.

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0
Stock, the S58 on the new M3 has been dynoed at 548hp and 480tq. If Toyota were trying to offer a more powerful variant of the Supra this would surely be a good way to do it. This would not be a small bump it would be significant. I do think this engine would pair really well with the ZF too.

From a manual perspective they should offer it on every trim possible, from the 2.0 up to the 3.0. I hope if they do offer it, it is not on some limited model with a much higher price tag.

We have been promised almost annual changes with the Supra and Tada mentioned several times that the car will see performance updates several times throughout the MKV generation. We have had one bump I fully expect another. S58 may not be likely though because that may require suspension upgrade, brakes, cooling, bigger wheels/tires, etc, etc. They have to make sure the car is reliable through the warranty period and beyond. I do think a car like this, while possible, could push the car M3/M4 territory price wise ($80-100K) and I am not sure how that will sell unles we are talking very limited run like 200-500 models.
The GT4 MKV offers a B58 with 430 bhp, 480 lb-ft with a new turbo, tune and catback. That with a 6 speed and a warranty would be amazing!

decryphe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1984 AE86 Trueno GT-Apex 2-door, and a Camry
Manual is apparently coming and from the sound of it to the 3L for MY23.

Merry Christmas :D
Oh dear, now I just passed by this forum to do my yearly rant about the lack of a manual (I don't post much, because I'm not buying otherwise) and the best informed person posts right after and says a miracle is happening. I was going to renovate the house in 2023, but this sounds like a change of plans...

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Manual is apparently coming and from the sound of it to the 3L for MY23.

Merry Christmas :D
You, sir, are now officially Santa Claus! Thank you for the awesome news and welcome back, A70!!
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.