👣 Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I'm in a warm climate, my windows are down 90% of the time
I'm not in a warm climate, but I only drive the Supra with the windows down, until I get to the track. The wind buffeting is definitely not a real problem. Slightly annoying, easy and cheap fixes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
The wind buffeting is definitely not limited to the Supra. Honestly, imo it isn't a big problem and can be easily remedied. One convenience improvement for the '23 models would be an external trunk/hatch release. They could add it in an unobtrusive location like where the license plate light is, similar to the BRZ/86.
Agreed. Plus a cutout somewhere so you can grab the hatch to lift it.

Last edited:

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
Agreed. Plus and a cutout somewhere so you can grab the hatch to lift it.
I know this forum loves to hammer on the Z crowd but my old Z had a hatch pop button under the tailgate near the license plate....just sayin. ;-)

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
I know this forum loves to hammer on the Z crowd but my old Z had a hatch pop button under the tailgate near the license plate....just sayin. ;-)
I don't have any hate for the Z. Not a huge fan of the styling for the current one but I'm sure there will be some positives . Of course the Z had one, who doesn't (LOL) . This was a miss to me. Not sure why Toyota (BMW?) left it out.

splv

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 IS350
I don't have any hate for the Z. Not a huge fan of the styling for the current one but I'm sure there will be some positives . Of course the Z had one, who doesn't (LOL) . This was a miss to me. Not sure why Toyota (BMW?) left it out.
master Tada-San purposely left out the hatch release button to make you work out the tips of your fingers. He knew all you MKV auto owners will have bad vaginitis once the manual Supra is announced, and strong fingers can scratch better.

Gazoou

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Toyota 86
Is it possible we will get an announcement for the manual GR Supra anytime soon?

DesertSupra2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 2.0 21 Camry TRD 18 RX350 19 Outback
master Tada-San purposely left out the hatch release button to make you work out the tips of your fingers. He knew all you MKV auto owners will have bad vaginitis once the manual Supra is announced, and strong fingers can scratch better.
Hi @splv. You know what smells worse than "bad vaginitis"? Trolls that make juvenile remarks on the SupraMk5 Forum. There are other Supra forums where you can post this stuff and find other like-minded trolls that will give you the acceptance, admiration and approval you seek.

Travelingsoldier

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 2.5RS, 2003 WRX, 2005 STI, 2012 WRX, 2017 Hobie Tandem Island
Just saw the announcement for the 2022 model Supra was in December 2021. Smh, I can’t wait that long my man. Might get a GR86 for now.
Do it. Let us enjoy the Supra. ?

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Out of curiosity, is the final drive ratio on the Supra 3.0 in all markets 3.154:1 or just in some markets?

https://pressroom.toyota.com/2020-supra-product-supra/

Other than any electronic limiter defeat I'm curious to know if the differential housing/pumpkin family that these cars use ever came with an even lower ratio in some BMW model.... say in some diesel that uses the same diff outer carrier or at least the same ring and pinion dimensions.

3.1xx is a very low ratio as it is but if someone wanted to build a serious top speed machine with some extra driveline work I can see a 2.xxx ratio being a good option to get that much closer to 200mph.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.