šŸ‘£ Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 BMW M2, 2013 Audi TT RS, 2007 BMW Z4M Coupe
My local dealer that Iā€™ve been pestering for a couple months now texted me yesterday. He said they are expecting a manual Supra later this year, but donā€™t know when due to supply uncertainly. I am psyched at the idea of being able to finally get a 6-cyl, manual Supra.
Sponsored

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
My local dealer that Iā€™ve been pestering for a couple months now texted me yesterday. He said they are expecting a manual Supra later this year, but donā€™t know when due to supply uncertainly. I am psyched at the idea of being able to finally get a 6-cyl, manual Supra.
S.A.D.D

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
As always, link to the press release on toyota.com. Until then, it's not official.
Press releases on Toyota.com mean NOTHING! Do you know how many press releases there were on the GR86 between the time it was announced, and the time they started showing up in dealerships? 3. I signed up on the website for updates as soon as possible and got exactly 1 email.

Reactions: zrk

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Press releases on Toyota.com mean NOTHING! Do you know how many press releases there were on the GR86 between the time it was announced, and the time they started showing up in dealerships? 3. I signed up on the website for updates as soon as possible and got exactly 1 email.
Exactly it was officially announced for the GR86 through a Toyota press release. Regardless of arrival time. It was still an official announcement which we have not got yet for the manual supra.

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
For you to say that a Supra is faster than a GTR is outrageous.
What? When did I say that?

I meanā€¦ I literally included the quotes so you could review what was said. They were talking about the GR86.

To come on here just to call someone a ā€œfanboiā€ seems a little juvenile.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I hope it is because idgaf about the manual Supra. I just wanna put in a deposit for a GR Corolla which is supposed to be released October of this year if all the microchip shortage stuff doesnā€™t bump that back again
Right there with ya. I'm way more interested in that and will be putting money down as well. That is the car I want with a manual... the Supra is just fine without it (OK not "just fine" it's better actually).

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
TBH, he might just be bullshitting around. Toyota salesman don't have much more info than we do for the most part. Toyota USA would not tell dealers & salesman that a manual is coming before the official press release.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
TBH, he might just be bullshitting around. Toyota salesman don't have much more info than we do for the most part. Toyota USA would not tell dealers & salesman that a manual is coming before the official press release.
There only have been hand full of leaks via dealers. There could be more, but the top two I can think one was when someone had leaked 6th gen Camry from a dealer meeting and more recently when a dealer had leaked images of the 3rd gen Tundra.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
A press release means that it has been officially confirmed and is no longer a part of the online rumor mill. For the 86 it was done in stages. It's not uncommon, tons of auto markers lunch new products through a similar process.

Official announcement
https://pressroom.toyota.com/drivers-rejoice-toyota-debuts-all-new-gr-86/

Pricing and delivery time
https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota-announces-pricing-on-all-new-2022-gr86/

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
A press release means that it has been officially confirmed and is no longer a part of the online rumor mill. For the 86 it was done in stages. It's not uncommon, tons of auto markers lunch new products through a similar process.

Official announcement
https://pressroom.toyota.com/drivers-rejoice-toyota-debuts-all-new-gr-86/

Pricing and delivery time
https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota-announces-pricing-on-all-new-2022-gr86/
That seems to be more common with Japanese brands. Case in point the Nissan Z. We still don't have official pricings or delivery date. With the Germans we get all the goodies on day one like with the Supra unveiling at Detroit back in 2019. IIRC we got pricing, weight, packaging and etc. all at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.