šŸ‘£ Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Supposedly the special edition is matte white paint with a tan leather interior.

I've heard the matte white paint rumor but first I'm hearing of a tan interior. I'm not at all interested in either so unless there's something performance related I'll skip the SE.
Sponsored

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
After 40 years of driving manual sports cars and now having had some time driving autos for the past few years I'm done with manuals...That said, I'm still glad to see that Toyota is releasing a manual for the younger folks to enjoy playing with! They are engaging and fun to drive...

The only thing that would make me trade is if Toyota announced a Targa version...
I had had my fair share of manuals and driving in traffic is definitely frustrating. However I am still on the list for a GR Corolla since itā€™s about the only car currently Iā€™d consider going back to a manual for. We have 2 of the new broncos at my job and the ā€œmanualā€ is so Full of nannyā€™s itā€™s becoming less like driving a true manual regardless

SavageGTR34

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Well Iā€™m happy an sad all at the same time. Happy because itā€™s needed to be done and should have come manual out of the gate but sad because Iā€™ve dropped $14,732.44 into my 21 already included the stage 1 trans upgrade from Pure Drivetrain Solutions šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ hell that was over $6k right their and it shifts sooooo smoothly for being an upgraded trans. I doubt I trade it in especially since Iā€™ve put this much into it but I am curious how the manual will feel.
From what Iā€™ve read this isnā€™t some trans theyā€™ve taken from another manufacturer. Itā€™s been a totally planned and built from the ground up trans for the Supra. Guess time will tell. The ZF is already a tough trans but gotta love that manual

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
After 40 years of driving manual sports cars and now having had some time driving autos for the past few years I'm done with manuals...That said, I'm still glad to see that Toyota is releasing a manual for the younger folks to enjoy playing with! They are engaging and fun to drive...

The only thing that would make me trade is if Toyota announced a Targa version...
I'm sort of there with you. If the supra would have been available with the manual when i was looking, i may have ended up with one (if it would have came in Refraction), but now that i've had enough time behind the wheel, the ZF8 is amazing. I'd also bet that unlike the current premium manuals bring for the MK4, the auto in the MK5 will retain its value more moving forward as us older folks who love manuals are aging out...

Ultimately, this is a win for everyone and good on Toyota for making it happen.

Willow1308

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have lots of fun vechicles...
I'm sort of there with you. If the supra would have been available with the manual when i was looking, i may have ended up with one (if it would have came in Refraction), but now that i've had enough time behind the wheel, the ZF8 is amazing. I'd also bet that unlike the current premium manuals bring for the MK4, the auto in the MK5 will retain its value more moving forward as us older folks who love manuals are aging out...

Ultimately, this is a win for everyone and good on Toyota for making it happen.
Itā€™s great that a manual and an automatic are now offeredā€¦.

Choice is a good thing! šŸ‘

ā€¦.

Status
Not open for further replies.