Featured 2020 Supra (A90) Reviews Compilation!

Discussion in 'General Supra Topics' started by JT, May 12, 2019.

1. Pheonix

Pheonix Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 6MT (track car), 2011 BMW 128i 6MT (daily), patiently waiting for 2020 Supra 6MT
    Liked:
    He works for Motortrend.

2. RyanGT3RS

RyanGT3RS Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s
    Liked:
  3. kona61

kona61 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    J
    Car(s):
    5G 4Runner, Mk7 Golf, AZW Supra
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Not anymore. I forgot who he works for now.

Whatever, he’s just overzealous because he had a preconceived notion for what a Supra is and what it should be. Just like most of the haters.

It’s pretty easy to tell who fits in that camp. If the first 2 paragraphs or minute of video detail how the Supra is a Z4 or a BMW, you can be assured that they have a biased view of the car.

4. F1 Silver Arrows

F1 Silver Arrows Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
    Liked:
    Yeah I saw. He said he only spoke to BMW engineers and that's how he is basing off his conclusion lol.

AND OMG @Pheonix it's like we're the same person. I ADORE Cammisa because he is so unbiased, smart and so fucking classy when it comes to cars. He has well thought-out opinions and is by far my favorite journalists ever. I also like his sense of humor. But his idiocy and ignorance is fucking insane here which takes me by surprise. It's like you're talking to a motherfucking wall. But people are telling him the truth and are putting him in his place. Still though, he's one of the best journalists out there in the world.

HE SPOKE TO BMW. THE SAME PEOPLE WHO WERE JEALOUS TOYOTA IS GETTING ALL THIS PRESS AND WORLDWIDE ATTENTION, WHERE JUST 5 HOURS THE SUPRA WAS REVEALED BMW ANNOUNCED THEIR "ACTUAL" 0-60 TIME. BULLSHIT. UTTER PETTINESS. He's stupid for talking to BMW, because they are the same people who can't do good steering (companies like Lexus, Cadillac and Mercedes have better steering), copying Mercedes, and always missing the point, and Jason listens to them telling bullshit while they're feeding crap into his mouth. He's a world-class journalist, but he can't be any more wrong here. And people proved him wrong.

Pheonix and RyanGT3RS like this.
  5. F1 Silver Arrows

F1 Silver Arrows Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
    Liked:
    I want everyone to read the comments, and if possible pitch in on Instagram on some of the comments where people are defending the Supra with facts, and help the cause to help him shed his ignorance. I pity Jason for being like this because he's my favorite.

RyanGT3RS likes this.
  6. johnny_10196

johnny_10196 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    John
    Car(s):
    Ford
    Liked:
  7. Pheonix

Car(s):
    2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 6MT (track car), 2011 BMW 128i 6MT (daily), patiently waiting for 2020 Supra 6MT
    Liked:
    BMW used to do great steering. My 128i has excellent feedback. But yeah too bad they dropped the ball hard when they went all EPS.

And yeah I enjoy Cammisa and thought he was great when Lago left MT. But him discrediting the Supra as a BMW is really ignorant on his part. I mean I can't believe he went to BMW to talk about the Supra when it's chief engineer wasn't even working for BMW LMAO. I think because of his dumb comments is the reason why you didn't see him invited to the press tour launch event. Carlos Lago was however.

F1 Silver Arrows likes this.
  8. Pheonix

Car(s):
    Liked:
    God the comments section are cancer. But of course what else should I have expected. I doubt 95% of those people will ever drive one.

9. BobDigi5060

BobDigi5060 Active Member

Car(s):
    13' G37X, 03' G35
    Liked:
    I know it's old news, probably been said before, but does anyone find Chris Harris' comments hypocritical? He was over the moon for the 86, but when it comes to the Supra he hates. Am I wrong here?

I wish someone with a voice could call him out on the two cars, same concept (shared platform, parts, and joint effort), but different reaction. I don't get it. He likes the Supra why can't he just leave it at that? Imo, it's about a Japanese and German manufacturer working together that for whatever reason rubs him the wrong way.

Jabba likes this.
  10. jtsang25

jtsang25 Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    BMW 135i
    Liked:

What a good review. Reviewing the car before even seeing it or driving it in person.

084runnerltd likes this.
  11. Pheonix

Car(s):
    Liked:
    Who the hell is this clown? What a tool. A Z4 is way softer riding than a Supra. These ignorant so called "reviewers" should start there. And no the Z4 isn't that stiff of a chassis as the Supra. 9 times out of 10, the Supra will put down better laptimes. Lighter, stiffer, better track tuned suspension. Where as the Z4 is a comfortable convertible made for hair dressers. Although can't say much about this douche as he is bald AF.

12. Gremluc

Gremluc Active Member

First Name:
    Lou
    Car(s):
    2018 Jeep Wangler Unlimited Sahara & Chrysler Pacifica 2018
    Liked:
    OMG - If the Z4 is so great why are they stacked up @ the BMW stores in my area. Anyway this guy has convinced me the Supra is the way to go. Why not save $10 to $15K by going up the street to Toyota if, as he says, there the same vehicle. What a dupe - he's part of the reason I rather get a root canal than deal with car salesmen.

Jabba, jtsang25 and 084runnerltd like this.
  13. rtoadyt

rtoadyt Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Reto
    Car(s):
    None
    Liked:
    Thought top speed is limited to 250?

Screenshot_2019-06-17-03-00-13-1.png

14. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Car(s):
    2013 FRS
    Liked:
    Thought it's gonna be electronically limited. So there's likely a way past that. Or it's just another claim they made. Like 335 whp

15. jtsang25

jtsang25 Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    BMW 135i
    Liked:
    Only time I am okay with a company lying to me. wonder what else they understated. Maybe weight of the car?