2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Dyno Results

kissmyrs

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Toyota has been transparent that they will be changing the car every year. Obviously they can’t be too specific or the car won’t sell since people would hold out. Judging off the interview with Tada posted here, I’m assuming exterior and interior updates are coming for the 2022 model. I don’t see how they could be more transparent without jeopardizing sales.
which leads me to believe 2 things, Toyota rushed the release and Toyota knew all along.
Sponsored

kissmyrs

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I concur with everything you posted. Should the execs at Toyota just let kissmyrs and Axix23 into their board meetings? LOL.
which leads me to believe 2 things, Toyota rushed the release and Toyota knew all along.
I concur with everything you posted. Should the execs at Toyota just let kissmyrs and Axix23 into their board meetings? LOL.
If they wanna pay me ill be there! 100% lol

kissmyrs

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Of course they knew all along, they probably have the next 1-2 years being finalized and 3-4 years already stubbed out.
I know project planning, I have no doubt here..
so Its 100% Safe to say at some point Toyota said, ehh f’k em... they will pay. Lol Lets be real, this isn't a Camry! The Supra demo-graph is performance priority loyalist group. Hahaha either way Im having fun in my 1st Toyota

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
I know project planning, I have no doubt here..
so Its 100% Safe to say at some point Toyota said, ehh f’k em... they will pay. Lol Lets be real, this isn't a Camry! The Supra demo-graph is performance priority loyalist group. Hahaha either way Im having fun in my 1st Toyota
Although after 2 years instead of 1, Toyota just added a plug-in hybrid option to the RAV4. I imagine the hybrid RAV4 owners that want the most fuel economy possible is a much larger group and more important to the brand than the entirety of the 2020 supra owners. It isn't just sports cars that this happens to.

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR Premium - 2018 Lexus LC500 Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
And that same downpipe can be bolted to a '21 and it'll be ahead again :rolleyes:
The first 2020's were marked up too. And like the 2020's the 2021's will eventually sell for below MSRP too.
From your post it seems you're trying to convince yourself more than others.
Just enjoy the car. The 2022 will be even better, then the 2023, and so on. Then there will be GRMN, and so on, and this will go on and on and on, and each year people will say "my tuned xxxx is faster than that yyyy stock" yep, till the stock yyyy gets the same treatment.
You missed the point. $299 down pipe Vs $5000-$10,000 in dealer mark-ups.

kissmyrs

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Although after 2 years instead of 1, Toyota just added a plug-in hybrid option to the RAV4. I imagine the hybrid RAV4 owners that want the most fuel economy possible is a much larger group and more important to the brand than the entirety of the 2020 supra owners. It isn't just sports cars that this happens to.
I know squat about hybrids and mpg, Ill take your word it. I know this happens with things, with all things. But am I gonna discuss it and toss it around with my fellow enthusiast, no doubt, 100%. Truth be told I bought this car as a place holder until I go r8 or Porsche... I Just never expected to fall in love with it.

Z8AKU

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lokki
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR Premium - 2018 Lexus LC500 Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Truth be told I bought this car as a place holder until I go r8 or Porsche... I Just never expected to fall in love with it.
If you were going to a GT3RS or GT2RS maybe but an R8 you would be disappointed by. Your Supra when properly set-up and tuned can keep up with most exotics and even fair pretty good on a track. Where I live Porsche and Audi are a dime a dozen. Hell, there are more Ferraris, Lambo and McLaren here in Scottsdale, AZ then even the manufactures have coming out of their own plants LOL. They're so common here that people ignore them like they are a 5 year old Prius LMAO. There just isn't any exclusivity in owning a $200-$500K car anymore unless it's something crazy like Praga R1R or a Radical RXC 600R. Beauty about the LPM style street legal race cars is they don't finance or lease them, so you probably won't see a pimply faced teenager showing up to Cars and Coffee jumping out taking about how successful he is with his entremanurial stories LOL.

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
Lmao at this rate we're all gonna wait for the 2026 with 600 horsepower :p
LOL while you all are waiting, i'll be here enjoying the heck out of my 2020, already pushing 450whp with practically no mods :)

On that note, if this thing is still being manufactured by 2026...OH BOY that thing will probably be so SICK compared to 2020.

kissmyrs

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
If you were going to a GT3RS or GT2RS maybe but an R8 you would be disappointed by. Your Supra when properly set-up and tuned can keep up with most exotics and even fair pretty good on a track. Where I live Porsche and Audi are a dime a dozen. Hell, there are more Ferraris, Lambo and McLaren here in Scottsdale, AZ then even the manufactures have coming out of their own plants LOL. They're so common here that people ignore them like they are a 5 year old Prius LMAO. There just isn't any exclusivity in owning a $200-$500K car anymore unless it's something crazy like Praga R1R or a Radical RXC 600R. Beauty about the LPM style street legal race cars is they don't finance or lease them, so you probably won't see a pimply faced teenager showing up to Cars and Coffee jumping out taking about how successful he is with his entremanurial stories LOL.
There is this 2017 I think 911 turbo s that ive been eyeing for a few days. Its Gorgeous, idk Ive always had a thing for them. Like a childhood dream. As far as the r8, you may be right, I think I just miss my TTRS. Thats also the thing, Now tuned with Ecutek, this car is dream. I fell in love after the tune... Im torn

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
I got my car on March 8. The dealer had 5 Supras; one Launch for $10K over, three Premiums for msrp, and my Base for $5500 below msrp. The great thing is they ordered Driver Assist, JBL, PPF, and carbon fiber mirror caps on my car separately. This is exactly how I would have ordered it because I prefer alcantara seats and couldn't care less about HUD and red calipers. Plus it was the only one in red which is also what I wanted.
Sponsored