2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Dyno Results

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I'm excited for getting an A91 not only for the blue paint but all the SE features on it...the interior looks better and i like the half and half leather along with the fact they improved the car in alot of ways....i am more excited for the suspension and handling revisions than the power bump but that is just a bonus.....i am glad i didnt jump on one last year because that blue is sex for sure!
Agreed 100% another thing I'm happy about is the solid black LE wheels. I like the design but that half polished, half black look is just awful. I forgot about the seats having Alcantara in the center. That's good for track days. Grippier than leather.
Sponsored

supradupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra (soon)
Agreed 100% another thing I'm happy about is the solid black LE wheels. I like the design but that half polished, half black look is just awful. I forgot about the seats having Alcantara in the center. That's good for track days. Grippier than leather.
i think i am just past the whole modding thing.....i race motorcycles so there is enough that go into them....the "fun car" thing to me is just buy the best one they make and enjoy it......

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
i think i am just past the whole modding thing.....i race motorcycles so there is enough that go into them....the "fun car" thing to me is just buy the best one they make and enjoy it......
I'm the same way. I do mostly cosmetic stuff. Wheels, springs, catback, tint. Some interior stuff like start button swap, maybe some footwell lights. That's about it.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
I think a lot of people are project their own values onto others in this conversation. Not everyone tunes or modifies their cars or cares about attention from car shows. I also personally don't plan on modding my cars anymore and the 47 hp difference is something that is worthwhile to me. Also, I don't care to show off what I own and is why I always have buy neutral colored cars (more specifically black but I would also drive grey, silver, white or even midnight blue depending on the car.)

kissmyrs

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I think a lot of people are project their own values onto others in this conversation. Not everyone tunes or modifies their cars or cares about attention from car shows. I also personally don't plan on modding my cars anymore and the 47 hp difference is something that is worthwhile to me. Also, I don't care to show off what I own and is why I always have buy neutral colored cars (more specifically black but I would also drive grey, silver, white or even midnight blue depending on the car.)
im really liking that blue though, it gorgeous. Almost all my cars have been white, black or some form of grey, even nardo grey... but that blue is fire.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
im really liking that blue though, it gorgeous. Almost all my cars have been white, black or some form of grey, even nardo grey... but that blue is fire.
Sadly the 2021 doesn't have a downshift blue option which would have been my choice.

supradupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra (soon)
im willing to bet that BMW had a whole shelf of the leftover older B58 heads and forced toyota to use them up on the 2020 model.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
im willing to bet that BMW had a whole shelf of the leftover older B58 heads and forced toyota to use them up on the 2020 model.
The head on the 2020 B58C models were developed at the same time as the head on 2021 B58D models, therefore one is not older than one another. BMW is even slowly transitioning away from the B58 to the B58C in current non M-Sport models and from the B58 to B58D in M-Sport models

Cybermoose

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium, 2009 BMW 335i xDrive Coupe, 2015 Kia Soul +
My impression was that they developed the B58B30C for the worldwide market first and then once the car was on sale, deal with emissions testing and release the B58M30O1 for the markets in which that engine would pass emissions. It isn't like they had some ulterior motive - I'd be a solid $20 that getting a car with one engine option to market is a lot faster than getting a car with two engine options, and which option depends on location, to market. They're a corporation, their whole goal is to make money*. More cars on sale earlier = more money, so one engine that meets spec worldwide first.

*no value judgment - this is just literally what the corporate structure is designed to do!

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Funny thing you said the black and polished are ugly bc I asked the dealership can you sell me the car without the wheels and knock off $2,000. Lmao.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Funny thing you said the black and polished are ugly bc I asked the dealership can you sell me the car without the wheels and knock off $2,000. Lmao.
Yeah I told the wife if we ended up with a premium I'd be ordering a set of Work wheels immediately :rofl:

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Yeah I told the wife if we ended up with a premium I'd be ordering a set of Work wheels immediately :rofl:
Ask then if they can take money off it and you bring your own wheels... lmao

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ask then if they can take money off it and you bring your own wheels... lmao
No I like the all black ones. I'm ok keeping them on the car for a while. Maybe put a winter set of tires on them and buy another set of wheels for summer.
Sponsored