2023 Toyota GR Supra Manual Review Thread!!!

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
You guys are helping me “try” to convince my wife not to get a M2 with manual. I’m asking her to consider the dual clutch instead.

Suggestions? Would y’all order a new BMW M2 with manual or auto after what you know now? The price is actually the same. Thanks ✌🏼
Sponsored

visbits

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 MKV MT, 94 RX7, 95 Supra, 02 S2K, 17 GT350
You guys are helping me “try” to convince my wife not to get a M2 with manual. I’m asking her to consider the dual clutch instead.

Suggestions? Would y’all order a new BMW M2 with manual or auto after what you know now? The price is actually the same. Thanks ✌🏼
BMW DCT is absolutely fantastic. It behaves like a manual in everyway outside having to shift it yourself! If the supra was available as DCT vs ZF 8 I would take that over a actual manual.

puckshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 CU Later A91-MT

New M2 doesn't have the DCT.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I absolutely love the ZF on this Supra. If the M2 is anywhere near the same, I’d be all over it!

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra

If she doesn't crave/need to have a manual, then she should go with the auto. Simple as that in my mind.

I've noticed, especially with women, that if they aren't 100% in the manual camp (even if it's 80%), they'll get tired of it and eventually regret the decision. Especially if its an "own 1 car" scenario.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If she doesn't crave/need to have a manual, then she should go with the auto. Simple as that in my mind.

I've noticed, especially with women, that if they aren't 100% in the manual camp (even if it's 80%), they'll get tired of it and eventually regret the decision. Especially if its an "own 1 car" scenario.
I think she likes the manual because 1) they are a rarity soon to become extinct 2) she can heel & toe better than me on track

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT

Boataur

First Name
RB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91-MT CUL

Can’t go wrong either way. I’m a manual guy, so I couldn’t imagine owning a M2 (or Supra) without one. I ordered a new ‘13 M235 with the ZF 8 speed because it was a no cost option and got rave reviews. It’s a great transmission, but I never felt connected to the car And sold it within 2 years. But that’s me. if you guys love the ZF in the Supra, you’ll love it in the M.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Great video!

29 mins in the track guy gives his thoughts. It’s all about weight for sure. And if you want one car to do it all, the M2 is great. But it’s really hard to try and be fair to others when comparing the Supra on track. I really want two Supras now 😭

Last edited:

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase

Janice

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 BRZ

Auto for M2
Manual for Supra
Just my opinion!