2024 GR Supra 45th Anniversary Special Edition Unveiled

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
They've all been pretty minor. They flipped between aesthetic and performance since release. 2021 power boost, 2022 carbon, 2023 MT, 2024 orange and wing.
I wouldn't call a power boost or (particularly) the addition of a manual transmission minor. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
It's all over YouTube, the auto reviewers, many of which have already been shared, all posted at the exact same time, must have been an approve Toyota timer. Anyway, it's cool, with orange, knowing from experience, i've had 3 widely different flavors, it's a color you need to see in person.

/begin rant/ I will say though, it feels like Toyota is killing this car with special editions just to sell them like they have a line in the shared manufacturing agreement that says "fundamental interior and functional aspects of the car will not be changed unless previously agreed upon in section A". Nothing on the outside or on the inside has materially changed all that much at all minus the manual transmission, which Toyota must have bargained with BMW with from the start. Usually, cars will go through minor facelifts and interior upgrades as technologies advance, but nothing here. I'm not sure if this is per the unusual in shared development platforms or not, but interesting none-the-less. I sort of keep hoping that this is a low production vehicle until they can it, then like the MK4, will go sky high when everyone realizes that 2 seat electric sports cars are unobtainium and not that fun to drive. /end rant/

dapimpee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Not sure if it will come with the HUD since most of the previous special editions didnā€™t come with HUD and I think shiety thing from Toyota.

Grubb

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 MT (Jan/2023)
Itā€™s nice to see another color for the Supra. I like it, but I will be sticking with my Absolute Zero MT.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I wouldn't call a power boost or (particularly) the addition of a manual transmission minor. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Minor in the sense they were not full refreshes and crazy changes people were hoping/rumored. Ie over 400 hp increase, grmn, targa etc

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
I actually like the wing a lot. Enough to drill holes in my car? Probably not. Will be interesting to see replica options.

Lexxx

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I like this wing. I would get it but I already have a similar one šŸ™‚
IMG_20230529_150309_735.jpg

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
The Corolla updates are so much more detailed and purpose oriented. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø Why not the supra (part of me knows), but still.

Last edited:

spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
981 Boxster GTS, LX570
I love it! Already emailed the dealer where I have an allocation. My only hope is that somehow Toyota lets Canadians have this sans the 45th anni pack, like they did for CU Later in 2023.

Either way (anni pack or not) I am sold on this colour and hope to land one. Looks like I was right about this being BMW Fire Orangeā€¦ still maintains that consistency; now we just need to see it in bright sunlight.
Sponsored