$325.00 oil change???

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
London Toyota just charged me $325.00 for an oil change 1.5 hours labour. What do you guys pay?.. I could do the change myself, but I like having all the service records. $325 Canadian money. F*cking angry.
Sponsored

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Dealer quoted me 85. 325 is crazy territory.

• Wow
Reactions: Pat

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Canadian money = Monopoly money?

But London is in England.. the bloody hell?

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
The oil change on this car couldn't be any easier. You don't even have to remove the belly pan, and you can do It by jacking up only one side of the car and using a single jack stand. I also am provided complementary beer in my driveway, and I think I paid $65 for my last Liquid Molly oil change kit and autozone will take the used oil.

Now If you simply don't have the means and need it done at a dealer, sounds like someone above is paying $125. Arguably not a bad price if you aren't stuck at the dealer for hours....without beer.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
I just got this offer from my local Toyota dealership. It's for 3 oil changes. It's good for 24 months.

1656385953090.png

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
London Toyota just charged me $325.00 for an oil change 1.5 hours labour. What do you guys pay?.. I could do the change myself, but I like having all the service records. $325 Canadian money. F*cking angry.
You sure it was just an oil change or your 3rd year annual maintenance. I just went in for oil and brake fluid change and full check on the car and it came out to about $300 plus tax.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The oil change on this car couldn't be any easier. You don't even have to remove the belly pan, and you can do It by jacking up only one side of the car and using a single jack stand. I also am provided complementary beer in my driveway, and I think I paid $65 for my last Liquid Molly oil change kit and autozone will take the used oil.
Not sure about any easier as on mine, the oil filter canister made a mess when removed. I waited for it to drain only it drained outside, not inside. WTF. :crazy: I think age discrimination here..

The easiest is my Forester and WRX. Fumoto valves equipped, no drip when filter removed from top.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Not sure about any easier as on mine, the oil filter canister made a mess when removed. I waited for it to drain only it drained outside, not inside. WTF. :crazy: I think age discrimination here..

The easiest is my Forester and WRX. Fumoto valves equipped, no drip when filter removed from top.
Idk what you did wrong hommie. I cracked my filter housing open after draining the oil and fill cap was off. Didn't get a single drop anywhere. Though it was pretty damn hot.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Idk what you did wrong hommie. I cracked my filter housing open after draining the oil and fill cap was off. Didn't get a single drop anywhere. Though it was pretty damn hot.
Exactly. If you are spilling oil everywhere with the filter, you are doing it wrong.

trev_rs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 Abarth 124 Spider
This was what I paid. Probably the book values.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Exactly. If you are spilling oil everywhere with the filter, you are doing it wrong.
No shit.. lol. But I've done German cars like this for decades so not sure what happened with my Supra. Like I said, age discrimation..
Sponsored