A90 Supra engines and parts diagrams (all) revealed!

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
On a side note, I wonder if Toyota added hidden Toyota clues like they did with the GT86
Sponsored

wbradley

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FR-S, 2018 STI, 2017 Prius
Vehicle Showcase
Why are so many people astonished about the BMW parts?

Same way the FR-S and 86 have all Subaru parts. And, BMW's OEM parts supply is so much closer that the only reason a Toyota part might be used is if BMW doesn't have it available.

This does not mean that the engineering lead is necessarily taken by BMW. From my understanding both teams started with the basic components; unitized structure, suspension, systems, and drive train, then they independently developed the design they envisioned within that framework.

Last edited:

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Iā€™m not sure if it has been mentioned here or not but the A90 is being built alongside the new BMW Z4 so there will definitely be BMW parts on the car

First Name
Rain
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 W211 E550, 2005 4Runner
Frankly,I'm surprised the Challenger isn't receiving this kind of flak for being part Italian
Well to be fair it's a W210 E-Class chassis but at least it has a domestic hemi motor on it.

Chuck Mason

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 4Runner TRD Off Road
Just bite your tongue for the first part of this article. Yes Jalopnik, it has BMW logos and stickers everywhere because it IS a BMW, we know thanks. Pretend its Playboy, just look at the pics (lots of goodness that hasn't been seen up close here yet)...

https://jalopnik.com/what-we-found-when-we-crawled-under-the-2020-toyota-sup-1831800550
I agree. Who cares if it's a BMW. A BMW Supra or Toyota Supra at the end of the day is still a Supra in my book. This car is getting clowned on badly on the internet but they are just haters.

Dunc

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsches, Mercedes, toyotas
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. Who cares if it's a BMW. A BMW Supra or Toyota Supra at the end of the day is still a Supra in my book.
To be honest, I donā€™t care if itā€™s Supra or not. Itā€™s an OK looking, FR car with decent performance and great tuning potential made by two of the best in the business. I really donā€™t see whatā€™s not to like, regardless of the name!

And, letā€™s be honest, ā€œBMW donā€™t make the parts, theyā€™re made by Valero, Johnson Controls, Denso, yanfeng, etc and then stamped with BMW logos or Toyota logos or Renault logos...

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
BMW is building the car (even if they're having a 3rd party do the actual physical work). Even a Toyota part that Toyota exclusively designed for the Supra and isn't used on any other BMW in existence will very likely have a BMW sticker on it. There are so many things on this car that scream BMW (as is expected), but seeing BMW labels on parts is going to happen for sure.

I'm sure if you take the Toyota emblem off of the car and look on the backside it will probably have BMW embossed in the plastic.

Jeff

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
BMW is building the car (even if they're having a 3rd party do the actual physical work). Even a Toyota part that Toyota exclusively designed for the Supra and isn't used on any other BMW in existence will very likely have a BMW sticker on it. There are so many things on this car that scream BMW (as is expected), but seeing BMW labels on parts is going to happen for sure.

I'm sure if you take the Toyota emblem off of the car and look on the backside it will probably have BMW embossed in the plastic.

Jeff
We'll also see Hella and Bosch in there as well.

Redphaser

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Golf R 6MT, 2006 Lotus Elise
Kinda curious what people think of these diagrams now that the (mostly) full reveal is out. At the very least it helped me locate all 12 of the speakers, which I couldnā€™t place from the walk around videos lol.

Did anyone notice anything new or interesting that these fill in gaps for? Or maybe it just raises further questions ;)

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
^^^
The RealOEM diagrams proved to be largely accurate... though you still can't produce a road-worthy vehicle from the parts that have been listed. There are still major components (like brake calipers and rotors) that have yet to be catalogued.

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
The catalog has been updated several times since the initial posting with more information being added. Still doesn't have everything. Still not sure of the final production car accuracy of it all.

Still interesting.

Jeff