OP

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
I am still undecided in between mhd and bootmod, but those numbers look really good
If it were cooler, it'd be over 400whp with no modifications. I'm going to be sending them logs when I go to the track tormorrow, and we'll see what an update can do
Sponsored

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition, 2021 GR Yaris
Show me a90 in the vin and I will shut up. I can show you a80 in mine and a70 on my old car.
Show me the J29 in the vin.

It is referred to as both A90 and J29 as far as I can see, and as A90 far more commonly in the community and also from Toyota themselves, even the camo car was covered in A90. I reckon the best people to decide if it should be called A90 is Toyota themselves, no?

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Not A90. It’s J29
Why are you so stuck on this?
Show me the J29 in the vin.

It is referred to as both A90 and J29 as far as I can see, and as A90 far more commonly in the community and also from Toyota themselves, even the camo car was covered in A90. I reckon the best people to decide if it should be called A90 is Toyota themselves, no?
I know right? Toyota has never called a Supra by the "mark" designation, yet I don't think I've ever heard anyone yell out "look, an A80 Supra!" I always have heard "Mark 4 Supra". I would argue that most people probably have no clue what A80 even means lol.

Thelostrican

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra a90, gtr
I had a mkiv,94 what a looker she was, dead reliable...weak sauces chassis, flexed all over...eventually I made her single turbo and manual, i got tired of rebuilding the auto(2nd gear sprag).I bought my v160 or 161, brand new from toyota locally, and got the rest from elmhurst...curt helped me(I even bought a trd lsd)....and mvp sourced the triple clutch, I can't deny it she was fast...but by 2013 there where faster cars(gtrs), especially from a dig so my 6766 became 6466.
As 2015 started I couldn't help but lust for one of those gtrs, to many of my friends had them, and by then, they were faster not just from a dig, but rolling too....so I caved and bought a new gtr....and that was it...I suddenly realized how hard it was to source parts for my supra, and how many parts were not available....and many shops locally had moved on to other cars....in 2017 I sold her.

I respect the opinions of the og, like ken, theodore, stu etc...but almost everybody else is a keyboard warrior.if I learned something about the mkiv is that for every 1 fast supra there are 10 slow ones(many full of issues and Chinese crap)

Toyota doesn't build fast or exciting vehicles anymore, they are in the market of building reliable vehicles for the masses. Would I have wanted a supra built by toyota? I don't know, Toyota's are heavy, their interiors are crappy...(the gtr are super crappy).

So I am not mad at their decision, I would have been happy with a 2jz with a modern head, and turbos, and have everything else be bmw...

IMG_20131222_183315.jpg
Sponsored