All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

Travelingsoldier

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 2.5RS, 2003 WRX, 2005 STI, 2012 WRX, 2017 Hobie Tandem Island

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
comparable to the 3.0. Stock for stock, the Z is not going to be gapping a supra anytime soon. The Supra has a lower final drive compared to the Z.

i can see it already. Z gets gapped, drivers says at least I have a manual.
Pay the same or possibly more to go slower and risk a mis-shift and shred your motor etc. Complain about shift engagement point etc etc. And its a GT. I enjoyed my 370Z and will test it but I wont buy it - new Z lol! If I need GT my new M240i has that covered.

The UN does not dictate sound regulations. Those are set locally in most places. Thats an absurd comment.

Last edited:

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
i can see it already. Z gets gapped, drivers says at least I have a manual.
I hope you’re right but I have a feeling the YouTube stars will somehow beat the Supra. Idk how yet but I can’t imagine they side with the 400 so hard just to come out and say it’s slower than the forbidden MKV

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'09 335i, '23 Kona N
This right here is a dead give away that it’s going to be 300lbs more. The sport Auto is already 150lbs more than the 3.0 premium.
Here's what's under that TBD box for weight:

Performance(MT) / ProtoSpec: 1604 (3536 lbs)
Performance(AT) / ProtoSpec: 1634 (3602 lbs)

1643310119856.png

Attachments

Last edited:

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
I hope you’re right but I have a feeling the YouTube stars will somehow beat the Supra. Idk how yet but I can’t imagine they side with the 400 so hard just to come out and say it’s slower than the forbidden MKV
The Z has just as large of a following of committed superfans as the Supra....there will always be people to claim it does this or that. Even the automotive journalists test cars at their limits and publish that information, which 99.8% of drivers will not be able to replicate. For one thing, German makes typically underestimate power/tq output, not so much across the Japanese brands. IMO, no way the new Z will compete performance-wise with the MKV stock for stock regardless of what the YT SM icons say....lol

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
No doubt they'll stage a bunch of it -- stuff that makes a difference like mods under the hood, tires, having the Supra driver leave it in comfort mode, etc. Basically it's going to be an unfair comparison just for views.

Then they'll have the ridiculous titles "MY Z GAPPED A MODDED SUPRA! NOT CLICKBAIT!"

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
No doubt they'll stage a bunch of it -- stuff that makes a difference like mods under the hood, tires, having the Supra driver leave it in comfort mode, etc. Basically it's going to be an unfair comparison just for views.

Then they'll have the ridiculous titles "MY Z GAPPED A MODDED SUPRA! NOT CLICKBAIT!"
Agreed. Although I enjoy a good sportsmanship between cars, it'll be a Supra bashing for the sake of clicks not facts sadly.

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
The UN does not dictate sound regulations. Those are set locally in most places. Thats an absurd comment.
Remember, this is company that said the reason the R35 GT-R is so heavy because the weight helps improve grip and cornering performance lol, then tell me why the most amazing corner carving machines are almost always very lightweight. I swear Nissan just throws random B.S. at the public and somehow this cheap trick still works, look at how many vehicles they sell and the amount of fanboys they still have despite having gained a bad reputation over the past 2 decades.

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios

Anyone here remember the early "reviews" of the Acura TLX Type S? Yeah, it's probably going to be something like that, where the Z with the manual transmission is somehow able to gap the 3.0l GR Supra by a million miles. Brace yourselves for the upcoming onslaught of cringey, fake, made up stuff to make the Z look better than it actually is.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Remember, this is company that said the reason the R35 GT-R is so heavy because the weight helps improve grip and cornering performance lol, then tell me why the most amazing corner carving machines are almost always very lightweight. I swear Nissan just throws random B.S. at the public and somehow this cheap trick still works, look at how many vehicles they sell and the amount of fanboys they still have despite having gained a bad reputation over the past 2 decades.
Marketing hype 101.

The Alpine A110 is the current cornering lightweight champ.

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/alpine/a110
Sponsored