All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

Dr. Supra

First Name
Danyoll
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Nitro Yellow
SUPRA. The Z Is slower and heavier and spend more money just to push the same numbers as the supra with dp and e50.
Sponsored

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7
What engine tempts you more? The V6 from Toyota or the Mercedes AMG. Iā€™m leaning towards interest in the smaller AMG
Same, lot of potential in that little AMG. Plus it's a fair bit cheaper without a huge decrease in performance. If there's not a locked ecu bs to deal with.

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7
If the current market continues, you can virtually guarantee there will be a ridiculous markup on any that somehow escaped pre-orders. Look at the C8 and multiply by 2 would be my guess considering there's only going to be about 5% as many available in total.
Stop crushing my dreams with facts.

Gazoou

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Toyota 86
I actually own one of these..in Gran Turismo. Personally, I donā€™t mind the front or rear too much. Lowered and with a mild body kit, it looks pretty good to me.

The part that bugs me the most is the weird triangular hood bulge/crease in the Middle of the hood. Really, the whole front screams cheap and dated (350Zish vibes) to me. Itā€™s definitely a Nissanā€¦

A new twin turbo, small, RWD coupe with a manual option in 2022 starting at under $40k? Canā€™t be mad. Not everyone is trying to race on the street or beat Supras. Seems like a nice step up if you wanted a 86 with a lot more power starting in the 30k range but donā€™t quite want to pay 51k plus taxes and fees for a 3.0 Supra.

Youā€™ll get what you pay for, thoughā€¦

Attachments

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I actually own one of these..in Gran Turismo. Personally, I donā€™t mind the front or rear too much. Lowered and with a mild body kit, it looks pretty good to me.

The part that bugs me the most is the weird triangular hood bulge/crease in the Middle of the hood. Really, the whole front screams cheap and dated (350Zish vibes) to me. Itā€™s definitely a Nissanā€¦

A new twin turbo, small, RWD coupe with a manual option in 2022 starting at under $40k? Canā€™t be mad. Not everyone is trying to race on the street or beat Supras. Seems like a nice step up if you wanted a 86 with a lot more power starting in the 30k range but donā€™t quite want to pay 51k plus taxes and fees for a 3.0 Supra.

Youā€™ll get what you pay for, thoughā€¦
Except these wonā€™t be anywhere near 40k lol you canā€™t even get an 86 for less then 36k based on what Iā€™ve seen, before taxes, excluding markups and stuff. It is NOT going to happen

Gazoou

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Toyota 86
Except these wonā€™t be anywhere near 40k lol you canā€™t even get an 86 for less then 36k based on what Iā€™ve seen, before taxes, excluding markups and stuff. It is NOT going to happen
The MSRP is 40k. I fully expect them to be marked up to around 70k-100k like the Supra initially was. If the car market ever settles back to pre pandemic prices (may not) and these actually sell/get stocked in the future without Nissan imploding, eventually, youā€™ll probably be able to get one at the $39k-42k range. Could take a good 2-3 years imo, though.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
If the car market ever settles back to pre pandemic prices (may not)
I promise you, I'd bet... anything on it. That the car market will settle. We've been through gnarly markets before, we'll go through it again. It'll settle.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Useless black roofs and wheels lol. Whatevah. So no choice on the roof color except for 3 colors that dont automatically come with it.

Wheels are a nice style but again those nice design details and contrast are hidden with the shite color black is.

trev_rs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 Abarth 124 Spider
SUPRA. The Z Is slower and heavier and spend more money just to push the same numbers as the supra with dp and e50.
They've come in cheaper, but they come stripped too. Base model doesn't even have a LSD. Once you option them out (apples for apples) they will probably end up being close in terms of money.
Sponsored