Anyone using JB4?

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
Well stated and very true with the JB4 gains! Max I was able to achieve was 436whp and 498 tq.
What kind of Dyno, what map, fuel type, etc?
Sponsored

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R
What kind of Dyno, what map, fuel type, etc?
Mustang dyno, Botti map6, Boostlogic catless DP, Boostlogic titanium exhaust, E30. Stock intake and charge pipes.

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
[email protected]
I started on map 1 and sent logs over each time increasing map and reviewing until setting parameters for map 6. 93 tends to be a little low on octane where I'm at, ethanol is really the king tbh.
Cool, thanks. Just hope running map 3, which felt slow up top compared to stock, didn't cause any harm. I wasn't logging so not sure how much timing was pulled. The guys over at the n54 tech forums made me concerned for a second... :confused: I switched to the absolute map, map 4, per their suggestion.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Cool, thanks. Just hope running map 3, which felt slow up top compared to stock, didn't cause any harm. I wasn't logging so not sure how much timing was pulled. The guys over at the n54 tech forums made me concerned for a second... :confused: I switched to the absolute map, map 4, per their suggestion.
If using map 4 I'd highly suggest adding ethanol or adding octane in someway so you aren't pulling timing. I think a little ethanol or octane booster the car will feel completely different. Map 3 wasn't running that great for me with only 93. Once adding ethanol it's like the car completely woke up.

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
If using map 4 I'd highly suggest adding ethanol or adding octane in someway so you aren't pulling timing. I think a little ethanol or octane booster the car will feel completely different. Map 3 wasn't running that great for me with only 93. Once adding ethanol it's like the car completely woke up.
Yeah I plan on adding some octane even though the person on the n54tech forums said I could use regular 93 pump fuel to start with map 4.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang dyno, Botti map6, Boostlogic catless DP, Boostlogic titanium exhaust, E30. Stock intake and charge pipes.
Damn, that's lower than even I expected, Mustang Dyno not withstanding. How high were your IAT's? Did you happen to grab a log of the run(s)?

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You guys seem to know a lot about the JB4 on this thread. Can you help me out please? Recently I got a CEL after installing the AA catted downpipe and after reading codes on the OBDLINK MX I got code P112F. Anyone else get that before and what is the fix? On the JB4 I got the codes in the pics I attached and I donā€™t seem to be getting a reading on the IAT gauge. Any ideas what might be causing that and what is the fix? Thanks and I appreciate any help. I also attached some screenshots of the readings from the OBDLINK MX in case anyone can see something weird there.

Attachments

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
You guys seem to know a lot about the JB4 on this thread. Can you help me out please? Recently I got a CEL after installing the AA catted downpipe and after reading codes on the OBDLINK MX I got code P112F. Anyone else get that before and what is the fix? On the JB4 I got the codes in the pics I attached and I donā€™t seem to be getting a reading on the IAT gauge. Any ideas what might be causing that and what is the fix? Thanks and I appreciate any help. I also attached some screenshots of the readings from the OBDLINK MX in case anyone can see something weird there.
Did your installer or you replace the Flange Gasket? Your pipe may not have come with one. You can order one directly from speed industry Alex told me they always stock them as I had to speed ship one over when I noticed my aa catted pipe didn't come with the Flange Gasket. No gasket = leak = cel. Some have tried to replace using their old gasket but the best route is honestly to just order a new one.
JB4 can't clear it and its not JB4 causing it. The Flange gasket can be found here:
https://speedindustry.com/oem-supra-gasket-turbine-outlet-2
Hope this helps

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Make sure all the connections on the JB4 are secure and the main connector doesn't have any pins that are loose. The CEL isn't the JB4, but you should definitely be getting an IAT reading.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Any and all AA catted downpipes should come with a new gasket nowadays. I got mine months ago and it came with a new flange gasket.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Did your installer or you replace the Flange Gasket? Your pipe may not have come with one. You can order one directly from speed industry Alex told me they always stock them as I had to speed ship one over when I noticed my aa catted pipe didn't come with the Flange Gasket. No gasket = leak = cel. Some have tried to replace using their old gasket but the best route is honestly to just order a new one.
JB4 can't clear it and its not JB4 causing it. The Flange gasket can be found here:
https://speedindustry.com/oem-supra-gasket-turbine-outlet-2
Hope this helps
Thanks for the info but yeah I made absolutely sure the gasket was in there and since I installed it myself I was extra careful and made sure the gasket was there. And actually I was able to clear the P112F code with the JB4 but after about 40 miles it came back on. Another weird thing Iā€™m noticing is how sluggish the car is when in Comfort Mode but seems to accelerate just fine in Sport Mode, granted itā€™s been 100 degrees outside so I bet that is affecting it.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure all the connections on the JB4 are secure and the main connector doesn't have any pins that are loose. The CEL isn't the JB4, but you should definitely be getting an IAT reading.
Iā€™ll check what you suggested. If the pins on the obd connector are fine do you think the sensor went bad somehow?

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Iā€™ll check what you suggested. If the pins on the obd connector are fine do you think the sensor went bad somehow?
Iā€™ve read a thread that explains that the jb4 is tuned to perform well in sport mode. Iā€™d only drive the car in sport and adjust elements as needed. ā€˜

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve read a thread that explains that the jb4 is tuned to perform well in sport mode. Iā€™d only drive the car in sport and adjust elements as needed. ā€˜
Yeah I usually drive in Sport Mode but it just seems to be a sign that there is a problem with the car somewhere.

NeedCoffee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Yeah I usually drive in Sport Mode but it just seems to be a sign that there is a problem with the car somewhere.
Check the charge pipe. Some owners have reported that the connections on the atfermarket charge can come loose
Sponsored