Are there any options for the SPORT button?

PhantomPurple

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazdaspeed Miata
I prefer that my car start's in normal mode and I want more speed/confidence finding the sport mode button by touch. Has anyone added anything? I'm thinking about a slightly raised Supra logo or S.
Thoughts?
Sponsored

ApexMissingApe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra (sold), BMW M550i, G8 GXP
I want to remap the Mode button on the steering wheel to be the sport button
Yeah, same here. The radio preset buttons will automatically switch from FM to satellite radio so the radio mode button seems like a waste. Programming it as a drive mode would be sweet.

OP
OP
PhantomPurple

PhantomPurple

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazdaspeed Miata
I want to remap the Mode button on the steering wheel to be the sport button
They both function through the BDC so it's possible. We should see if the Bimmercode guys can take a look. It doesn't look like it can be hard-wired.

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
That would be amazing if we can do it in Bimmercode. If not i want to hardwire it eventually

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
That would be amazing if we can do it in Bimmercode. If not i want to hardwire it eventually
Definitely post back here if you ever do this, I would kill for the sport mode button on the wheel.

I'm jealous of M4 wheel, with its M1/M2 mode buttons - the position of the button in the Supra is kind of awkward.

2021-bmw-m4-coupe-steering-wheel-design-carbuzz-822396.jpg

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Could you possibly shortcut one of the 1-8 buttons on the headunit/radio area to swap to a normal drive mode or vice versa? I know all of number buttons that you usually use to program radio stations in this car can be turned into shortcut buttons. For example I have mine set so that the "1" key takes me straight to my tire pressure and temperature screen, my number "2" button sets my GPS to automatically find the fastest route to my home address, and all the way over on the "8" key I have it set to pull up the oil level check test. So, could you possibly set one of these keys to swap to the drive mode screen that just sets everything to default? If you can do this, you could just use Bimmercode to set your car to start in Sport Individual and then tune your Sport Individual settings the way you want them, or vice versa, have your car start in normal mode and then just set like the "1" key to take you straight to the Sport Mode selection.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I have one of my presets set to "Sport Individual" so I can quickly change on the fly any one of the 4 parameters to either Normal, Sport, or Sport Plus

I also used Bimmercode program to start in Sport mode...

If wanted to start in Normal I could simply set all the parameters to Normal as well...I now have lots of flexibility with the current setup that basically starts in Sport Individual mode....

Last edited:

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
What I wanted to do is to change comfort mode steering to sport. Still do... And possibly stiffen steering further..

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW & Toyota
Whats also good with sport individual is you can set the engine to normal and the rest on sport or sportplus.

This removes the stupid farts without a need to get mapped to be able to control it.

FuzzyRev85

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Whats also good with sport individual is you can set the engine to normal and the rest on sport or sportplus.

This removes the stupid farts without a need to get mapped to be able to control it.
Wouldn't that also dull the throttle response?

Reactions: zrk

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW & Toyota
Indeed…but for me it’s nice you have the choice this way.

Even better is getting it mapped with ecutek and then then you can control the farts through the app.

But the sport individual is a nice intermediate solution for those that don’t want to map.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium

Literally did this the other day and saved as my sport individual for when I go hilly driving through an area with stupid "no loud exhaust" signs and obnoxious cops. It works! Lol
Sponsored