METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
How do you like the Audiofrogs? I’m thinking about those if I decide to upgrade the speakers in my GR86
I only used the Audiofrog curve not their speakers.
Sponsored

Gothy666

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
System Install Complete (Stage 1)

IMG_0032.jpeg

IMG_0031.jpeg

IMG_0030.jpeg

IMG_0033.jpeg
Really does look fantastic. I'm gearing up to do a full audio overall as well and will be using the Focal K2s up front. What are your thoughts on using the OEM sub locations for 6.5" coaxils to get a little more midbase without having to rely on the sub for frequencies lower than 200hz?

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I think metal will agree w me here. We both have tried 4” mid range up front. You will definitely need a true 8” mid bass in factory location if your gonna keep the 4” up front. Ideally you would do what metal did and install 6.5” door pods. But that’s really involved up front.
I kept 4” up front and 8” mid bass in factory location. Then added a 10” GB10 sub in rear. It worked out, but needed a lot of DSP tuning to get the staging correct w having the mid bass behind u.

OP
OP
METAL

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
I think metal will agree w me here. We both have tried 4” mid range up front. You will definitely need a true 8” mid bass in factory location if your gonna keep the 4” up front. Ideally you would do what metal did and install 6.5” door pods. But that’s really involved up front.
I kept 4” up front and 8” mid bass in factory location. Then added a 10” GB10 sub in rear. It worked out, but needed a lot of DSP tuning to get the staging correct w having the mid bass behind u.
I can concur.

Gothy666

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
Interesting. Thanks for thr info. What 8" midbass drivers did you use? Did you need dedicated external crossovers for the 8" drivers, or were you able to use the high pass filters on the amp?

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I used audio development w800 neo for midbass.
Both metal and myself are fully active. We are using DSP for all crossovers, time alignment, eq, etc.
Metal uses helix DSP, I use JL Audio

OP
OP
METAL

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Both metal and myself are fully active. We are using DSP for all crossovers, time alignment, eq, etc.
I can concur.

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Sorry buddy. Hate to keep answering for you.
I can say this, in my opinion, DSP work is the most complicated part of my entire build. And I built every single component in my setup. DSP gives you so much versatility

joeyliv

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
I ended up using the MObridge amp., in the DSP would either of you guys advise on crossover settings I kept the JBL speakers in place and added a JL Audio sub box. I have that crossed over at 80Hz 12db slo… I need a little help or advice on the settings for the rest of the speakers.

OP
OP
METAL

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)

joeyliv

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
I have attached my .txt files for the 2nd Target Curve if anyone wants to upload and try them in their RTA.

Use the 76dB-Right-Target-Curve.txt file for your right speakers.
Use the 79dB-Left-Target-Curve.txt file for your left speakers.
Use the 82dB-Final-Target-Curve.txt file for when you sum the Right and Left channels.

The files are editable so you can fine tune the balance of your center image. You can do so by playing with the dB's on the right speakers. I found lowering the right speakers by -2.5dB's helped but I will be trying -3dB's next. The files have already been adjusted to accommodate this.
Would you happen to have the file for the DSP with eq and crossover settings?

OP
OP
METAL

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
I do not I deleted it when I switched to HELIX. What part are you stuck on?

joeyliv

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
I do not I deleted it when I switched to HELIX. What part are you stuck on?
I do not have an RTA mic to do the sound correction. I am still running the original speakers so that may be the problem. all the channels are flat EQ but sounds a little harsh as the volume goes up. I was hoping I could adjust it but its tedious work by ear. I may just need to change out the speakers and the tweeters to something else.

OP
OP
METAL

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
My mobridge went out before I got a chance to do an RTA. I recommend turning down the gain on the tweeters.
Sponsored