BimmerTech Third Brake Light Flasher

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
BimmerTech has already released the Front View Camera Retrofit as compatible with the MKV Supra, and now it looks like they also have a Third Brake Light Flasher module that could be compatible (my VIN checks out in their compatibility checker).

15ae60ec-b991-4d19-617a-3dceecaf4a52.gif

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/products-third-brake-light-flasher-for-bmw

It automatically flashes the brake light 4 times before going to solid, helping catch the attention of anyone following behind you - helpful for avoiding getting rear-ended. It also looks pretty neat.

You can search your VIN number on their site to see what other modules and add-ons are compatible with the Supra. Can also probably check with their customer service to verify compatibility.
Sponsored

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Isnt there an option in the I-drive menu to do this from the factory? Maybe it was for hard braking only but I could have sworn I saw it under one of the menus. I didnt drive my car today so I cant go out and check.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Isnt there an option in the I-drive menu to do this from the factory? Maybe it was for hard braking only but I could have sworn I saw it under one of the menus. I didnt drive my car today so I cant go out and check.
Yes, there is. Under hard braking. Which is actually when you would want to get peoples attention.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Doesn't this option have to be coded via Bimmercode first?
Pretty sure I didn't code it in but it's been almost 2 years since I originally coded my car so not 100% sure. I'll post pictures of how to get to the option once this wild child of mine goes to sleep.

Kaitain

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
Pretty sure I didn't code it in but it's been almost 2 years since I originally coded my car so not 100% sure. I'll post pictures of how to get to the option once this wild child of mine goes to sleep.
You poor soul, a week plus and the child still hasnā€™t slept, damn thatā€™s rough! J/K. :)

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
You poor soul, a week plus and the child still hasnā€™t slept, damn thatā€™s rough! J/K. :)
Yep, you can only imagine how I feel! Note to self, do not feed kid cookies, ever.

I actually drove the Supra today, so if I can remember to take picture of how to get to the menu, I will.

Last edited:

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
This new trend of flashing brake lights is so tacky looking to me. I understand the potential safety benefit of it but it looks god awful. Reminds me of being behind an old crown vic when they're coming to a stop and the brake lights just keep pulsing on and off.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I cant find them in the I-drive. Must have been in BimmerCode then. Will try to check that tonight when I am back home with my dongle.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I cant find them in the I-drive. Must have been in BimmerCode then. Will try to check that tonight when I am back home with my dongle.
Brake Force Display? Yep, in BimmerCode. But Iā€™m honestly not sure if it truly works on the Supra. Can anyone confirm?

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Brake Force Display? Yep, in BimmerCode. But Iā€™m honestly not sure if it truly works on the Supra. Can anyone confirm?
No it was for the brake lights to flash when under hard braking. I can't find the setting anywhere. Saw the brake force in BimmerCode but saw nothing for the brake lights. Starting to think it was one of my other cars now....

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
No it was for the brake lights to flash when under hard braking. I can't find the setting anywhere. Saw the brake force in BimmerCode but saw nothing for the brake lights. Starting to think it was one of my other cars now....
Yea, thatā€™s Brake Force Display. I believe you can set both the speed and pedal force to trigger it.
Sponsored