Darth

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
02 S2k, 09 Aerorace, 07 Y61, 14 1500 Denali
Vehicle Showcase
New shoes for the Supra! Went with Forgeline 18x10 F and 18x11 R.

Very happy with the fitment. Fronts cleared the stock spring perch, which is something I was concerned about.

corner_11.JPG

corner_8.JPG
corner_10.JPG
Sponsored

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
I don't like it. don't like it at all. . . . would be much better on my Nitro! lol

Have the front pillar brace on mine, get a little oversteer and like it that way. I am used to oversteer from my previous sports car and I know how to work with it.

Q8_TwinTurbo

First Name
Athbi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1994 Porsche 965 Turbo 3.6, 2001 Porsche 996 Turbo, 2008 Mitsubishi Evo X
Darth,

Mabrook Bro.

What a great looking set of wheels. The sizes are spot on. congratulations.

OP
OP
Darth

Darth

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What are the offsets on those wheels and what size slicks are you running. Those wheels look amazing in that color.
+31 F/ +41 R with Avon 250/640 R18 Front/ 270/650 R18 Rear. The Avon tends to run wide so they are around 285 F/ 305 R.

anajri

First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra A90, Toyota Sequoia '10, Toyota starlet AWD 5sgte (800whp)
Hey Darth
awesome write up. keep em coming.... I have had similar results here in the Dominican Republic. its incredible to see how much the car responds to little things you do to it. and how fast you can Play with the big boys........ as you can see from my list, already made top 10 in our local track.
for reference time my completely stock time was 1.25.8

current mods
1) ots 93 oct tune
2) CGS brake pads
3) front and rear sway bars
4) stock springs and suspension
5) pilot sport cup 2 tires
6) lightweight battery 15lbs

upcoming modes
1) hks adjustable springs
2) SPL adj caster ball joints
3) SPL front lower control arms
4) apg front brake upgrades
5) new seats (weight saving and comfort ( support)

you should try to install the rear sway bars.... i tried them both one at a time 1st, the front and then the rears. although its tough, its not that bad.
just lower the rear sub frame just enough ( 3-4 inches) to pry the bar out. just be careful with all the wires and sensors. it should take maybe 3 hours if you have help....maybe 3.30hrs

on your issues...

1) low tire Psi reading. I found the the car will turn the stability control on, but if you re-turn everything off it will remain off. so try this.
turn the car on wait for the messages to appear, acknowledge them in message page and then go and turn everything off. (repeat if needed, without turning the car off)

2) brake pads. same issue as you, with the pads it brakes ea lot better but still suffered from too much heat. stock rotors do loot like being driven that hard for that long..

3) shifter going back to D saw this happen the first time to Jacky @Jacky in this YouTube video driving in cota when he won the event but have not had any issues this this. very strange... maybe @JackieD86 might know ( maybe a soft safety warning)

ok sorry for such a long write up.. but had a lot to say.... hope this helps

top ten list supra.jpg

JackieD86

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jd86racing.com
Car(s)
Supra A90, AE86, S2K AP2
Great job guys. I love that the Supra A90 Track community is going strong worldwide and hunting GT3's down!

On the shifter going to D issue, I experience it when the car is going through a high G-force left hander, in combination with taking a lot of curbs (vibrations). We'll be trying a few solutions out in the near future.

OP
OP
Darth

Darth

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Darth
awesome write up. keep em coming.... I have had similar results here in the Dominican Republic. its incredible to see how much the car responds to little things you do to it. and how fast you can Play with the big boys........ as you can see from my list, already made top 10 in our local track.
for reference time my completely stock time was 1.25.8

current mods
1) ots 93 oct tune
2) CGS brake pads
3) front and rear sway bars
4) stock springs and suspension
5) pilot sport cup 2 tires
6) lightweight battery 15lbs

upcoming modes
1) hks adjustable springs
2) SPL adj caster ball joints
3) SPL front lower control arms
4) apg front brake upgrades
5) new seats (weight saving and comfort ( support)

you should try to install the rear sway bars.... i tried them both one at a time 1st, the front and then the rears. although its tough, its not that bad.
just lower the rear sub frame just enough ( 3-4 inches) to pry the bar out. just be careful with all the wires and sensors. it should take maybe 3 hours if you have help....maybe 3.30hrs

on your issues...

1) low tire Psi reading. I found the the car will turn the stability control on, but if you re-turn everything off it will remain off. so try this.
turn the car on wait for the messages to appear, acknowledge them in message page and then go and turn everything off. (repeat if needed, without turning the car off)

2) brake pads. same issue as you, with the pads it brakes ea lot better but still suffered from too much heat. stock rotors do loot like being driven that hard for that long..

3) shifter going back to D saw this happen the first time to Jacky @Jacky in this YouTube video driving in cota when he won the event but have not had any issues this this. very strange... maybe @JackieD86 might know ( maybe a soft safety warning)

ok sorry for such a long write up.. but had a lot to say.... hope this helps

top ten list supra.jpg

Great write up! Been looking for some help and will definitely be trying the TPMS trick. Progress is kinda slow at the moment. I have been waiting on Ecutek to release their official software so I can install my AMS DP and tune it, but it seems its taking way longer than anticipated.

Also with the Coronavirus comes many event/race cancellations, so probably no more trackdays till Oct. :(

Stay safe everyone!

anajri

First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
wait to you tune it..... it will be a beast and that just on the 93 oct ( aprox400whp)
my e85 tune has 52whp (dragset up) and 582whp with nos.......

Mark5825

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2017 Mustang
What's the reason for going with the SPL parts and springs instead of coilovers? Trying to figure out what the benefits of each are. Thanks!

anajri

First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What's the reason for going with the SPL parts and springs instead of coilovers? Trying to figure out what the benefits of each are. Thanks!
Hey Mark
The slp parts is so i can add more cambers and adjust the caster. because once you lower it i changes a little. And need that adjustability to have them where i want them....which is key to have good lap times and even tire were on the track...

For the HKS lowering springs, its cheaper than a full coilover set up. And everything else remains stock.. it will lower the car. It’s a little stiffer springs but not too harsh of a ride since I stilll drive on the street and still used the stock electronic valves so no issues with warnings codes.....
if i over grow the springs. I might still get a aftermaket coilover

Mark5825

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2017 Mustang
Hey Mark
The slp parts is so i can add more cambers and adjust the caster. because once you lower it i changes a little. And need that adjustability to have them where i want them....which is key to have good lap times and even tire were on the track...

For the HKS lowering springs, its cheaper than a full coilover set up. And everything else remains stock.. it will lower the car. It’s a little stiffer springs but not too harsh of a ride since I stilll drive on the street and still used the stock electronic valves so no issues with warnings codes.....
if i over grow the springs. I might still get a aftermaket coilover
Thanks, I've got the H&R springs and will be looking to add more camber for tracking once they open back up. It looks like the SPL arms with caster bushings are the best/only option for camber.

I noticed some coilovers come with top hats and might offer some camber adjustment (not sure), but if so then I was thinking that might make the SPL parts not needed.

OP
OP
Darth

Darth

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For me it was too early to switch to coilovers with all the traction issues that comes with it. This option was the only one available at the time that was cheap and proven to work. Before the SPL route I contacted several shops for top hats to adjust camber but nothing was available for OEM suspension.

Surprisingly I am still very happy with the combo as H&R springs lowered the car just enough to clear all driveways and speed bumps while having the perfect drop to reduce the ugly fender gap. Also it preformed really good last track season while still being comfortable as a daily.
Sponsored