• Total voters

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
I consider it a Toyota because that's how it is labeled, marketed, and sold as. To me it's like CVS's Tension Headache and Excedrin. Under it all they are both Acetaminophen (or B58 in this case) but only one label reads Excedrin (Toyota). Wow that was really weird...lol
Sponsored

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I’ve got noting against Toyota but they haven’t had a proper track car for quite some time. I see BMWs, Porsches, Hondas, Mazdas and Vettes any given weekend. I would have never dreamed of seeing a Toyota at the track. Camry was their flagship vehicle prior to this new Supra. Thank you BMW for putting Toyota back on track âœŠđŸœ
Fully agreed, the MR2 was probably the last car best suited for the track IMO. Even the Mk4 was more GT car than sports car.

Truth. At track events like Chin I see 70% are BMW and Porsche, 20% Vette, Mustangs, Miatas, 10% spattering of beater caged Hondas, old rx7, etc.
I used to be the only Supra/toyota at events like that. Now there are 2-6 at each one.
Aw man, I wish I was that lucky. Unless @WSUPRA comes along, I'm usually the only one here. Mostly Porsches and Miatas here.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
many have said they drive quite different too.
Yup, Z4 is softer from what I've heard.

Also, b/c it's a convertible, there needed to be extra rigidity around the cabin to compensate the lack of the roof.

People often forget that the convertible versions of cars need to behave a bit differently because of the rigidity factor.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Ugh
 who the fuck cares.
Its a fantastic car, drive it and enjoy it.
This. I couldn't give a shit about the branding or even the name. If anything I am so happy the interior is BMW and not Toyota. Besides, the whole package is brilliant, has everything I want and that's all I care about. Nuts to history or lineage.. it's a sports car!

Literally the only thing I don't like about this car is the bullshit controversy surrounding its identity. And those god damned fake vents, of course.. which are 100% Toyota. lol.

CSUfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
This is not so much directed at the OP or anyone in this thread, but I think car “enthusiast” are some of the dumbest people around when they keep talking about this badging/engineering issue when people have been doing it practically ever since cars have been around:dunno:

Folks be acting like it’s a big deal and they’ve never seen something like this before. From Super cars (MC F1) to economy cars (Toyota Corolla and Chevy Nova) to SUV’s (Isuzu Rodeo and Honda Passport) to minivans (Dodge Caravan and VW Routan)
 these are just some contemporary examples because it’s happened even way before this.

it’s the not the first time it’s happened and it’s not the last time it’s gonna happen. It’s not a big deal, okay
 because it’s happened and will happen again, ok?:rolleyes: And when it happens again, are people gonna flip out all over again?

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
Why are some of you acting like this poll is a controversial question? Your starting to sound a bit woke (oh sorry did I trigger anyone). It appears you’re putting your own insecurities onto the question rather than what the question is really about, which is simply a poll to inquire about your own view not others. The question doesn’t ask you to explain yourself - just vote or don’t. Anything else you inferred is on you.

BTW, on a side note, you bought a car that was always going to be controversial, always, so don’t whine when people ask questions about it - I mean really, what did you expect? <<<<< see that’s a question that asks for a response, see the difference?

Last edited:

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Why are some of you acting like this poll is a controversial question? Your starting to sound a bit woke (oh sorry did I trigger anyone). It appears you’re putting your own insecurities onto the question rather than what the question is really about, which is simply a poll to inquire about your own view not others. The question doesn’t ask you to explain yourself - just vote or don’t. Anything else you inferred is on you.

BTW, on a side note, you bought a car that was always going to be controversial, always, so don’t whine when people ask questions about it - I mean really, what did you expect? <<<<< see that’s a question that asks for a response, see the difference?
You're*

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.

Starts poll about the car's controversy. Gets comments about said controversy. Complains about people being triggered.. while complaining about being triggered themselves. :rolleyes:

And as far as woke, you drive a trans car mate.. It's a BMW that identifies as a Toyota, hence the reason for your poll. Maybe turn off comments if they trigger you?

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pointless posts about spelling aside -

Wow, provocative comments. . . enlightening. The class has learned a lot.

I would have turned off comments but I didn’t see the option in the poll set up.

OP
OP
Last Lemming

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BTW you assumption about the reason for the poll - like most assumptions- is wrong. I actually don’t give 2 shits about people issues with it being a BMW or Toyota.

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
1. Designed by the Calty design research center in Newport Beach, CA. +1 Toyota
2. Uses BMW powertrain and CLAR architecture. +1 BMW
3. Actually manufactured by Magna Steyr. +1 Magna Steyr
4. The badge says Toyota, Gazoo Racing on it. +1 Toyota
5. Mostly reliable and not a money pit after 36,000 miles. +1 Toyota
6. You use iDrive and chirps like your neighbor's last-gen 330i. +1 BMW
7. Toyota had the balls to make this thing despite the LFA being an absolute cash fire. +1 Toyota

Toyota = 4 (winner!)
BMW = 2
Magna Steyr = 1

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
1. Designed by the Calty design research center in Newport Beach, CA. +1 Toyota
What's funny is the two had nothing to do with one another when the projects first started. Kevin Hunter was hoping the FT1 would get approved on the LC platform while Tada-san got BMW to agree to co-developed a mid-engine sports car. Well that was until Akio stepped in lol.
Sponsored