First Name
protuningfreaks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.protuningfreaks.com
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra
Yep..it came back. I’ll remove the spacer this weekend since I don’t need it anymore. Maybe that’s what is throwing it.
Best to reach out to tech support with your full VIN and map that's causing it if you still have it and they can review. Given your screenshot its not cat efficiency related with the "CEL OFF" map config option turns off. It may be a faulty sensor.

Anyone having trouble shutting off cold start? I modified it to OFF and saved, then reflashed, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Other changes such as exhaust burble are being applied however. Running OTS Stage 1 91 Octane tune on stock cats.
If you haven't already just email us at [email protected] and we'll review.

Apologies for late responses as we're not on the forum on a full time basis. Its always best to shoot an email to our full time tech support and someone will reach out with help Mon-Fri 9am-5pm EST.
Sponsored

TWiTCHY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium
Can anyone comment on their cold start delete behavior? I'm not convinced it's disabled but bootmod3 support has been trying for two weeks to resolve it (really appreciate their persistence) but maybe it is working properly and it's just not what I expected. With Cat Heating off, it stays at 1200RPMs for ~13 seconds then drops to 1000RPMs for 60 seconds then drops to 800RPMs which is where I would like it to be. The volume at 1200RPMs and 1000RPMs is just a little too loud for me. If anyone could describe their cold start delete behavior, I'd appreciate it and I'm sure bootmod3 support would, too, so they an finally close my support ticket. :thumbsup:

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yes, u have coding using obdlink plus and bimmercode app. I got mine sport mode by default
Good to know! Any detailed step you can share on how to accomplish this?

AndyMy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2020 launch edition
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know! Any detailed step you can share on how to accomplish this?
Youtube carguy11 video, you have to buy obdlink plus and bimmer code app. I also can mirror youtube video while drive

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Anyone notice after tuning:

Car in D during regular driving shifts and goes through gears very early sometimes to the point of feeling the car lugging?

A friend is custom tuned by HCP and his Supra is also doing the same thing?

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase

Car in D during regular driving shifts and goes through gears very early sometimes to the point of feeling the car lugging?

Like how early? Normal driving on bm3 feels the same or maybe i dont notice enough but when i want to push the car hard i only do it in sport mode and the shifts seem fine currently. I will check my car when i get it back from the shop tomorrow.

Ozzy8690

First Name
Ozzy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
14’ Turbo Ultramarine FRS, 2020 Downshift Blue Supra 3.0 premium

I thought I was going crazy!! I’ve noticed that it does. I get to 7th gear around 32-35mph.... and that makes the engine lug a bit. Both 6th and 7th, If im driving very slow, tend to cause a vibration which I assume is lugging the engine. Only after I got tuned.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Like how early? Normal driving on bm3 feels the same or maybe i dont notice enough but when i want to push the car hard i only do it in sport mode and the shifts seem fine currently. I will check my car when i get it back from the shop tomorrow.
8th gear would shift at around 1400 RPM which would drop to 1000RPM and feel rough

Thats on partial throttle cruising

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR

Yes - therefore sport mode 100% of the time...
I thought I was going crazy!! I’ve noticed that it does. I get to 7th gear around 32-35mph.... and that makes the engine lug a bit. Both 6th and 7th, If im driving very slow, tend to cause a vibration which I assume is lugging the engine. Only after I got tuned.
Same here. I also reach 7th gear by 35 mph and get that sensation of the engine lugging. I am tuned on EcuTek. So now I really only put it in normal mode if I'm just cruising on the interstate otherwise nearly 100% sport mode.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Exactly exhaust vibrates

Did not mention this point since my exhaust is aftermarket

Last edited:

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Yes - therefore sport mode 100% of the time...

Same here. I also reach 7th gear by 35 mph and get that sensation of the engine lugging. I am tuned on EcuTek. So now I really only put it in normal mode if I'm just cruising on the interstate otherwise nearly 100% sport mode.
Sport tends to be more civilized too shifting at around 3K. Stock tune in sport was too aggressive

So definitely driving in Sport now :D
Sponsored