Brake fluid for HPDE

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Speaking with track junkies, on a stock setup, there's a difference between improved grip versus better tire wear in regards to pressures. The PSS tires have a softer outer compound and it'll wear quicker even with -3 degrees of negative camber. What I learned is that the recommended pressures in the infotainment will help to improve tire wear, but you're not necessarily going to get the most grip by following the recommendation. Respecting and managing tire temps will be needed if you desire tire longevity - even if you plan to modify your suspension.

Here's the example from my experience at Laguna.
IMG_9454.jpeg

I was running pressures that I felt comfortable with and got a really good time. The wear wasn't actually that bad (front right tire gets the most beat up at laguna and it looked ok but the outer edges definitely got eaten away. (I had 1,700 miles on the car at this time).
IMG_9483.jpeg

IMG_9576.jpeg

Now around 2,100 miles and an autoX event I think the edge is likely a bit too low to run another full track day - at least not without reaching the cords probably before the end of 1 day (my guess).
IMG_9794.jpeg

But overall I like how firm, responsive, and predictable the PSS has been. Being able to dial in camber would help the fronts and even the rear it would help a bit, but here's a photo of a rear tire at around 2,300 miles (nearing the wear bars). Not bad to me though.
IMG_9847.jpeg
Sponsored

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2005 Z4
The MPSS should have a little wear indicator near the edge of the tread that gives you a good indication if you're running adequate pressure for your car/pace on a normal street suspension setup. If you're wearing the tires past this indicator your pressure is too low and if you're not wearing all the way out there, your pressure is too high. It worked really well for managing the pressures on my Z4 track car for long tire life.

That said, I'm not seeing that indicator on your tires. I don't remeber where it was and i'm not near my Supra now. Maybe the OEM spec tires don't have it....

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
The MPSS should have a little wear indicator near the edge of the tread that gives you a good indication if you're running adequate pressure for your car/pace on a normal street suspension setup. If you're wearing the tires past this indicator your pressure is too low and if you're not wearing all the way out there, your pressure is too high. It worked really well for managing the pressures on my Z4 track car for long tire life.

That said, I'm not seeing that indicator on your tires. I don't remeber where it was and i'm not near my Supra now. Maybe the OEM spec tires don't have it....

I believe what you are looking for is on 2nd photo (half of the tire). the triangle on side wall, I think which is about an inch below wear mark.

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2005 Z4
I believe what you are looking for is on 2nd photo (half of the tire). the triangle on side wall, I think which is about an inch below wear mark.
I'm not sure if I 'm missing it in that photo, but here it is on the 18's on my Supra.

u0yvbMC.png

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra

The foot of the michelin man are left on my tires haha.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
dang there's a decent amount of rubber after the tread disappears...maybe i can run one more track day on them! haha.

These are Goodyear supercars fwiw. Been very happy with them.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Aren't you also track prepped?
No way you got that wear on factory set up?

Steve

Yes. Iā€™m a track rat wanna be. Set up is very track oriented and I let a bit of air out on track days

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Yes. Iā€™m a track rat wanna be. Set up is very track oriented and I let a bit of air out on track days
Yeah I remember reading a few of your post about you living on the track..lol

Really hope the OP doesn't expect to get that type of wear on stock ss..especially if he tries running 29 psi...haha..

I destroyed a set of ss in 1 day at the track on factory set up..

I think factory cold starting pressure is the best place to start on factory tires n go from there..

OP
OP
Gcole

Gcole

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Premium
I will stick with 35 cold for now Here is what I had the car aligned to last year after I bought it.

1.60 L and -2.20 R (cant adjust those) Ended up .2 total front toe .2 rear toe -1.60 LF Camber -2.25 RF Camber and -2.0 camber rear L and R

OP
OP
Gcole

Gcole

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Premium
I have 9600 miles on the original tires, mostly commuting and some back road driving. I wont feel bad if I kill them off in A HPDE but I don't expect to. I remember when they repaved Summit Main maybe 12 years ago, there was a ton of grip, I corded a R888 in one day in a track spec Miata.
Sponsored