Cheap Track Tires

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
The 295 isn’t out yet but I’m waiting for it!
yeah.... thinking about 100tw or full slicks anyway.... I know I am about to embark on $$ rabbit hole but TT in max2 isn't that fun this year (not many people in it) might as well move up to unlimited....

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
yeah.... thinking about 100tw or full slicks anyway.... I know I am about to embark on $$ rabbit hole but TT in max2 isn't that fun this year (not many people in it) might as well move up to unlimited....
Can’t think of a current 100tw that is faster than the CR-S. What tire are you thinking?

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Can’t think of a current 100tw that is faster than the CR-S. What tire are you thinking?
maxxis? was thinking worth a try and not much different $$
I have tried the SC3r before but not in over a year. Nankang are so good and I haven't even tried the "improved" compound yet either.

If you are correct.... I may just go slicks then.
You are amazing on your data and spec retention, may just ask you! ;)

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
maxxis? was thinking worth a try and not much different $$
I have tried the SC3r before but not in over a year. Nankang are so good and I haven't even tried the "improved" compound yet either.

If you are correct.... I may just go slicks then.
You are amazing on your data and spec retention, may just ask you! ;)
I keep forgetting the Maxxis are 100tw. Thx for all the info. Bryan too. Wealth of track knowledge both of ya! These Maxxis stick like boogers on track and seem to last the longest. Would love to hear your opinion of them. Lots of guys running em down here.

As far as 295s up front, I’m a bit reluctant from my prior rubbing experience. But if they’d fit on my wheel in the back, that’d be sweet!

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
I keep forgetting the Maxxis are 100tw. Thx for all the info. Bryan too. Wealth of track knowledge both of ya! These Maxxis stick like boogers on track and seem to last the longest. Would love to hear your opinion of them. Lots of guys running em down here.

As far as 295s up front, I’m a bit reluctant from my prior rubbing experience. But if they’d fit on my wheel in the back, that’d be sweet!
Mark, I'm not sure if you've seen the Apex fitment guides (11" wheel too), but they're very well done. On Ohlins at the recommended ride height and -2 degrees of negative camber or lower 295s shouldn't be any issue. Lots of people running 315 square too. I'm probably going to go to 295s once Nankang or Kuhmo release their tires in that size and I'm on coilovers. I should still be able to stuff the Verus brake cooling kit into the front fenders with 295s if I decide to go that route in the future.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mark, I'm not sure if you've seen the Apex fitment guides (11" wheel too), but they're very well done. On Ohlins at the recommended ride height and -2 degrees of negative camber or lower 295s shouldn't be any issue. Lots of people running 315 square too. I'm probably going to go to 295s once Nankang or Kuhmo release their tires in that size and I'm on coilovers. I should still be able to stuff the Verus brake cooling kit into the front fenders with 295s if I decide to go that route in the future.
I have and thanks Wes! These Ohlins should correct everything. This Supra will be fine with a bigger tire up front. I’ve got my 18” wheels already. And coming from such a squirrelly S2K, I’ve been used to hard trail braking w/out upsetting my turn in. I could learn it, no doubt. But it would add a lot more grip up front. I’d be curious to see what the WRL guys are running. I’ll have to look that up.

I did find these guys specs using 285s up front:

https://papadakisracing.com/pages/2020-toyota-gr-supra

Updated: And these guys going super wide with 305s all around 😱

https://gr-supra-gt4.com/wp-content...a-Gazoo-Racing_Customer_Racing_GT4_EVO_en.pdf

Last edited:

mike08282002

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
B58 4 Door

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do you drive to the track on these? @FLtrackdays Currently arrive and drive for me and most tracks are 2-3 hours away. thanks
Yessir. During track season. Just practice a lot in the rain (on track). You’ll know if/when you feel comfortable not changing them :)

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
So was thinking on picking up a good used set of stock rims for tracking but didn’t realize 19” tire choices were so limited. If going 18”x10” square is the offset 25mm front and rear and any recomendtions for cheap set of 18” rims? Don’t need fanciest high end stuff. Checked tire rack but choices seemed limited and a bit more expensive than I want to go. Just looking to be pointed in the right direction before doing a ton of wheel/tire research.
TIA

OP
OP
nibble

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
So was thinking on picking up a good used set of stock rims for tracking but didn’t realize 19” tire choices were so limited. If going 18”x10” square is the offset 25mm front and rear and any recomendtions for cheap set of 18” rims? Don’t need fanciest high end stuff. Checked tire rack but choices seemed limited and a bit more expensive than I want to go. Just looking to be pointed in the right direction before doing a ton of wheel/tire research.
TIA
have you looked at Kumho v730? it seems to be a reasonable price for 200 tw.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
TIA
What kind of tires are you looking at?

These are all available in 275/35/19:

- Nankang CRS
- Nankang AR1
- Yokohama A052
- Falken RT660
- Bridgestone RE71RS
- Kumho V730
- BFG Rival S
- Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
I went with Apex. 18”. They are made for Supra and everything fits including big brake kits. They are a little over $400 each so not sure if is considered cheap but you defiantly want a good rim that will hold up to the track.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TIA
https://apexwheels.com/vehicles/toyota/supra/gr-a90-a91

And checkout their fitment guides. Great site to give you an idea for which tires are available for which wheel.

https://apexwheels.com/fitment-guides/toyota/supra/toyota-gr-supra-wheel-and-tire-fitment-guide

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
What kind of tires are you looking at?

These are all available in 275/35/19:

- Nankang CRS
- Nankang AR1
- Yokohama A052
- Falken RT660
- Bridgestone RE71RS
- Kumho V730
- BFG Rival S
- Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2
Mainly a few events a year. Not super serious yet but still want a better grip than stock. The kumho looks good. Is it okay to use a size smaller on the the front 245 vs 255?

thanks for all the replies
Sponsored