Company reveal 2JZ engine conversion kit for new Toyota Supra

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm actually surprised that you think it's looks beautiful. :rofl:
Why are you surprised? Although I don't own a MKIV or any JZ platform car anymore, doesn't mean I dislike the 2JZ. Do I think it's outdated?....hell yes! Do I think it's crazy to swap a 25yr old engine in a 2020 car?...hell yes! Do I think the 2JZ sucks?....F**K NO!!

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
Why are you surprised? Although I don't own a MKIV or any JZ platform car anymore, doesn't mean I dislike the 2JZ. Do I think it's outdated?....hell yes! Do I think it's crazy to swap a 25yr old engine in a 2020 car?...hell yes! Do I think the 2JZ sucks?....F**K NO!!
Because you just contradicted yourself in this post. Maybe you're talking in terms of beautiful=crazy. :D

Since Tada suggested 4 cyl for 2JZ swaps, MKV's saved from being crashed, flood damaged, theft recoveries or for pure drift shock factor then we're going to see 2JZ swaps.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Because you just contradicted yourself in this post. Maybe you're talking in terms of beautiful=crazy. :D

Since Tada suggested 4 cyl for 2JZ swaps, MKV's saved from being crashed, flood damaged, theft recoveries or for pure drift shock factor then we're going to see 2JZ swaps.
I may have worded things wrong, but I never thought or think that the 2JZ is a shit engine. No way. I've personally put together a few of them and know them well enough not to disrespect that motor. However, I do believe it's design is old and newer engines are far superior in terms of technology than that motor. Durability and reliability is all the 2JZ has going for it...which is why every tuner loves it. Efficiency, weight, etc... the competition stomps it. This is not me saying it, this is a fact!

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I may have worded things wrong, but I never thought or think that the 2JZ is a shit engine. No way. I've personally put together a few of them and know them well enough not to disrespect that motor. However, I do believe it's design is old and newer engines are far superior in terms of technology than that motor. Durability and reliability is all the 2JZ has going for it...which is why every tuner loves it. Efficiency, weight, etc... the competition stomps it. This is not me saying it, this is a fact!
I hear what you're saying but to add to the 2JZ was it's plethora of aftermarket parts. There wasn't really a direct competitor to the 2JZGTE until the B58. Define "stomps it"? It's proving to be a worthy engine but it's still too early to secure it's legacy even though it's been out for several years already.

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I hear what you're saying but to add to the 2JZ was it's plethora of aftermarket parts. There wasn't really a direct competitor to the 2JZGTE until the B58. Define "stomps it"? It's proving to be a worthy engine but it's still too early to secure it's legacy even though it's been out for several years already.
S58 is a 2JZGTE competitor not the b58 :nono:.

wbradley

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FR-S, 2018 STI, 2017 Prius
Vehicle Showcase
CX RACING is TRASH!

Guaranteed they don't make a 2JZ swap kit.
I bought their oil cooler for my FR-S as it was the only unit with heat exchanger location that wouldn't interfere with my intercooler. After exchanging parts I still had it spring multiple leaks and the hoses had leaky AN-8 fitting it was a disgrace and resulted in destroying the asphalt on my driveway. They are a joke, mismatched parts, cardboard gaskets, you name it. Really a joke.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A closed deck certainly helps with the N54, but neither the S55, M50, nor the S54 are open deck.
I'm not saying it's not possible but the S55 was AL, the M50 weren't turbo while the B58 has the CGI on a turbo platform which is more similar to the 2JZ

S58 is a 2JZGTE competitor not the b58 :nono:.
Yeah, but it's too late for that. On the bright side, "Hey we should be happy that Toyota actually brought back the Supra in the first place" as most people are saying. :D

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Having recently restored a stock 2JZ-GTE myself from the ground up, from that long experience Iā€™m now also of the mind that itā€™s defintely a dinosuar performance engine from another era. Though itā€™s a universe away from any performance carbureted V8 from the 1960ā€™s or earlier and Iā€™ve owned one of those too in a 302 Ford and loved it as well.

But the 2JZ-GTE is also one of the most brilliant now vintage engines Iā€™ve ever experienced. Itā€™s a first for me unlike others who have used this engine for years so Iā€™m just enjoying the fun it doles out any time the key is turned.

However... it is now a vintage engine in what is now a vintage car. A modern-ish (ish) and surprisingly practical engine but an older design and system for sure.

The A90 and its slightly unique B58 engine are a totally fresh take on the same formula with modern technology. I donā€™t know if it will ultimatey live up to the total recorded potential of the almost unkillable 2JZ but those limits have always been the extreme and for those with exceedingly deep pockets.

Note Iā€™m talking about the upper limits of the 2JZ design, not all that you can do with it below that. I do think there will be even more impressive variants but the version of the A90 out right now, with the exception of a manual, is a pretty good package to handle what *most* people set up their 2JZā€™s to do anyway.

Itā€™s not even going to be the only version available.

Iā€™m interested to see what the tuning scene does with this car and its engine.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not saying it's not possible but the S55 was AL, the M50 weren't turbo while the B58 has the CGI on a turbo platform which is more similar to the 2JZ

Yeah, but it's too late for that. On the bright side, "Hey we should be happy that Toyota actually brought back the Supra in the first place" as most people are saying. :D
The B58 is not CGI. It is aluminum, for all versions including the TU revision.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Having recently restored a stock 2JZ-GTE myself from the ground up, from that long experience Iā€™m now also of the mind that itā€™s defintely a dinosuar performance engine from another era. Though itā€™s a universe away from any performance carbureted V8 from the 1960ā€™s or earlier and Iā€™ve owned one of those too in a 302 Ford and loved it as well.

But the 2JZ-GTE is also one of the most brilliant now vintage engines Iā€™ve ever experienced. Itā€™s a first for me unlike others who have used this engine for years so Iā€™m just enjoying the fun it doles out any time the key is turned.

However... it is now a vintage engine in what is now a vintage car. A modern-ish (ish) and surprisingly practical engine but an older design and system for sure.

The A90 and its slightly unique B58 engine are a totally fresh take on the same formula with modern technology. I donā€™t know if it will ultimatey live up to the total recorded potential of the almost unkillable 2JZ but those limits have always been the extreme and for those with exceedingly deep pockets.

Note Iā€™m talking about the upper limits of the 2JZ design, not all that you can do with it below that. I do think there will be even more impressive variants but the version of the A90 out right now, with the exception of a manual, is a pretty good package to handle what *most* people set up their 2JZā€™s to do anyway.

Itā€™s not even going to be the only version available.

Iā€™m interested to see what the tuning scene does with this car and its engine.
I agree, I think the A90 is going to do very well in the aftermarket. A 335hp A90 does 0-60 in 4.1sec? Can you imagine what a 550-600hp A90 will do? Those are conservative numbers btw....it will be even more insane with hp numbers above that.

The one thing people are not taking into consideration is the weight and chassis of the new car. MKIV folks have always struggled with lightening their cars yet they still pull impressive numbers at the track. The A90 has a newer motor, weighs less, has a better chassis, is safer, all with newer technology....itā€™s a win win. The power part of things will be easy in all honesty...I think the most difficult part of the A90 in terms of modding will be keeping the power down (suspension).

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Some people want Installed a 2jz in new Supra why?

B58: engine ~15k
not CGI block
TX 11 not a turbo race engine compression ratio
If you want increased internal change.

S58: ~>20k
Not CGI BLOCK
TX 9,7 good compression for turbo

Donā€™t forbid with s58 or b58 if you dent the cylinder you can change the engine :rofl:

2jz gte engine cost 5k
Cgi block
TX 9,5
Many have already this 2jz and performance parts why change the engine ;)

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s
Some people want Installed a 2jz in new Supra why?

B58: engine ~15k
not CGI block
TX 11 not a turbo race engine compression ratio
If you want increased internal change.

S58: ~>20k
Not CGI BLOCK
TX 9,7 good compression for turbo

Donā€™t forbid with s58 or b58 if you dent the cylinder you can change the engine :rofl:

2jz gte engine cost 5k
Cgi block
TX 9,5
Many have already this 2jz and performance parts why change the engine ;)
You first
Sponsored