Dealer Bricked My ECU

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Itll lock the ECU and youll need a bench unlock. Also MHD nor BM3 support the new calibration ID after the recall so you wont be able to use them.
Well this is the part I'm not liking. I'm tuned on MHD and currently working on the steps necessary to get a custom E50 tune. So for now I'm just going to have to use the OTS maps and I will just have to wait until MHD updates their calibration to so that I can get this recall done.

OP
OP
Nojz

Nojz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Premium
UPDATE

Went to the dealership. Found out in addition to bricking the ECU they fried a bunch of ancillary electrical components, such as the camera system, etc. Pulled my contract...will have right of first refusal if they ever fix everything. The search continues... it was nice "owning" a Supra for 7 days.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
UPDATE

Went to the dealership. Found out in addition to bricking the ECU they fried a bunch of ancillary electrical components, such as the camera system, etc. Pulled my contract...will have right of first refusal if they ever fix everything. The search continues... it was nice "owning" a Supra for 7 days.
I'm sorry, what? Where did they find these clowns?

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE

Ouch. That's going to be one expensive mistake. Can't imagine how they're going to reprogram modules and whatnot.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
UPDATE

Please let us know which dealership so we can stay far away from them.

-RJM

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
UPDATE

Literally every owners worst nightmare. I'm sorry man that sucks.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Well this is the part I'm not liking. I'm tuned on MHD and currently working on the steps necessary to get a custom E50 tune. So for now I'm just going to have to use the OTS maps and I will just have to wait until MHD updates their calibration to so that I can get this recall done.
So we can still run an OTS map then?

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Other people had their car towed to their house and paid us to recover it. Lol.
Thanks for the advertising on this thread. You are 100% wrong about the wait for a *new* ECU. I can put you in touch with 2 owners who have been told that, due to shortages, they are looking at early 2022. They’re choosing to have a new ECU and not to have a mediocre tuner fuck with it.

If you can deus ex machina a brand new ECU, bully for you.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Thanks for the advertising on this thread. You are 100% wrong about the wait for a *new* ECU. I can put you in touch with 2 owners who have been told that, due to shortages, they are looking at early 2022. They’re choosing to have a new ECU and not to have a mediocre tuner fuck with it.

If you can deus ex machina a brand new ECU, bully for you.
Considering the 2 pieces of contrary information come second hand from techs that are likely the same ones that bricked the ECU's in the first place - I'm more inclined to believe a "mediocre tuner" on the issue. I've seen too many stories of dealerships replacing whole rafts of parts on the MKV in order to fix an undefined problem (which they caused in many cases), and I've experienced it myself a couple times.

I don't really have a dog in this fight however, so carry on... :popcorn:

NewGuy

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 Premium,18 X5 M
My best friend and I bought identical 21 premiums here in Vegas. I got my recall done here at Findlay Toyota; no issues. He moved to California and had the recall done there. He had the same issue where he needs a replacement ECU. Looks like the dealership somehow "bricked" his ECU during the update. I'll ask him what his wait time is; but it must be some time since they gave him a loaner.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
My best friend and I bought identical 21 premiums here in Vegas. I got my recall done here at Findlay Toyota; no issues. He moved to California and had the recall done there. He had the same issue where he needs a replacement ECU. Looks like the dealership somehow "bricked" his ECU during the update. I'll ask him what his wait time is; but it must be some time since they gave him a loaner.
I'm amazed to hear that (regarding Findlay) - but good to know. They've obviously learned some things since 2020. ;)

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0)
I’m not really worried about tuning but should I still be hesitant on taking my Supra in for the recall? The lady even told me they had a issue with someones Supra a few weeks ago and had to keep his car for 3 days. I just don’t want to be without a car.
Sponsored