Do you guys drive your Supra in winter with summer tires?

Chief131

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Drove mine around today at 1....... with a wind chill of -18. (that minus 18). No snow or ice - car drove fine. It had been sitting for a little over a week and had that cold tire thump thump for the first couple hundred feet - then smooth ride from there.
Sponsored

Webby

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra - Nocturnal Black
I know some people are doing it, as I just passed a red Supra blasting through the snow/salt the other day. I cringed a little, not going to lie. Its manageable with the appropriate tires for sure. I used to rock a BRZ with Blizzaks through MN winters. Doable, but your car will be eaten alive.

climhazzard

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
MPSS (and in general, max performance summer tires) should not be used under 40-45F. The compound simply isnā€™t designed for colder weather.

Although not identical as there are many variations made by Michelin for OEMs, there was a bulletin for the Super Sport ZP on Corvettes due to the tread cracking at <20F.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2016/SB-10082862-5448.pdf

glennQNYC

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 BMW 335i
Vehicle Showcase
A great all-season tire available in our sizes are the Continental Contact Sport - DWS tire.
(Dry Wet Snow)

Iā€™ve had them on many cars over the years... and reasonably priced.
I second this motion. Great UHPAS tire thatā€™s biased more towards foul weather conditions than the Michelin Pilot All Season. The Conti DWS is my winter tire as I donā€™t drive in snow and ice often enough to warrant using a full-on winter tire.

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
What did you expect?
Next time fit some Blizzaks and try lapping COTA at 95F ambient temps; that should provide some equally useful data.
The original question was how the stock tires do in winter. This was a fun demo but sorry you canā€™t see that.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
The summer tires have no grip at all in snow. I was driving to my grandmas a few days ago and the streets were not plowed because they were cobblestone.
I was halfway up a hill and my tires just spun and spun. I made my passenger go out and remove snow and push down on the car and up.
Lesson learned. I doubt even snow tires would have helped.
Hahaa, I couldn't even get it up my driveway brother had to help me push it up, although we live in the frozen north. Supra is my summer car for a reason.

bajanstefan

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Long Island NY checking in, running super sports without much issue.
Sponsored