Does anyone optimized the electronic damper settings after lowering spring installed?

hugokuo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2910 Range Rover Velar, 2015 Porsche Cayman GTS, ordered A90
Vehicle Showcase
I have RSR TI200 down spring installed. It works well on the track with suspension in sport mode.
But I don't feel like the feeling on the street use. Does anyone know there's a way to code the electronic damer's setting? Does Supra have dynamic-electronic-damper or just normal electronic-damper?

I heard some Bimmers tune their EDC while lowering the spring.

According to this brochure, it's adaptive variable suspension (AVS).
https://www.toyota.com/content/ebrochure/2020/gr-supra_ebrochure.pdf
Sponsored

Last edited:

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
I have RSR TI200 down spring installed. It works well on the track with suspension in sport mode.
But I don't feel like the feeling on the street use. Does anyone know there's a way to code the electronic damer's setting? Does Supra have dynamic-electronic-damper or just normal electronic-damper?

I heard some Bimmers tune their EDC while lowering the spring.

According to this brochure, it's adaptive variable suspension (AVS).
https://www.toyota.com/content/ebrochure/2020/gr-supra_ebrochure.pdf
Are you saying the car isnā€™t as comfortable in the comfort mode on the street after installing the springs

OP
OP

hugokuo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are you saying the car isnā€™t as comfortable in the comfort mode on the street after installing the springs
The lowering spring has higher spring rate. I feel like it's higher than the stock damping rate and not doing very well in the mountain roads here. I found a BMW tuner change the active-suspension with 30% more compression and 44% more rate for the rebound. Also increased the active differential torque limit from 1500NM to 2000NM. It's so much better. I can't tell if the difference from the damping adjustment or the differential.It's much stable and it can corner faster with higher G.
Same tire with stock PSS.

The same route.
Before

After tuning

OP
OP

hugokuo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You'll probably have to go aftermarket if you want that feature and KW is the only brand to allow for any sort of electronic adjustment. I'm using their plug & play kit so I'm stuck with whatever logic came on the car.
I did some update on the stock active suspension and the active differential. The new setup is so much better.
Btw, we have several Supra installed the Bilstein EVO SE without problem. https://performance.bilstein.com/en/products/bilstein-evo-se/

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
I found a BMW tuner change the active-suspension with 30% more compression and 44% more rate for the rebound.
That's great! Do you know if he would be interested in doing remote tuning?
I did some update on the stock active suspension and the active differential. The new setup is so much better.
Btw, we have several Supra installed the Bilstein EVO SE without problem. https://performance.bilstein.com/en/products/bilstein-evo-se/
Unless I'm missing something, this is still just a plug and play option. Nice option though.. I might've gone for these over the KW's if I knew they were a thing.

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
The lowering spring has higher spring rate. I feel like it's higher than the stock damping rate and not doing very well in the mountain roads here. I found a BMW tuner change the active-suspension with 30% more compression and 44% more rate for the rebound. Also increased the active differential torque limit from 1500NM to 2000NM. It's so much better. I can't tell if the difference from the damping adjustment or the differential.It's much stable and it can corner faster with higher G.
Same tire with stock PSS.

The same route.
Before

After tuning
great driving! I can see thereā€™s less up-down bouncing and it seems youā€™re able to pull much higher Gs in corners

at 1.0g I feel like Iā€™m about to fly out of the car on track but youā€™re pulling 1.29! seems I have work to do

OP
OP

hugokuo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's great! Do you know if he would be interested in doing remote tuning?

Unless I'm missing something, this is still just a plug and play option. Nice option though.. I might've gone for these over the KW's if I knew they were a thing.
I asked him but he doesn't know how to get do it remotely. I think some BMW tuner knows how to change that. You can check with some local shops.

OP
OP

hugokuo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
great driving! I can see thereā€™s less up-down bouncing and it seems youā€™re able to pull much higher Gs in corners

at 1.0g I feel like Iā€™m about to fly out of the car on track but youā€™re pulling 1.29! seems I have work to do
With PSS, the tail was really happy over 1g.
The 84s of this vid. The tail slips very often for me in this corner on the track. I'm going to test the change on this track. Actually, the maximum G of a corner is related to the camber of the road as well. I hope the new change can manage 1.1g+ in this corner.

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
With PSS, the tail was really happy over 1g.
The 84s of this vid. The tail slips very often for me in this corner on the track. I'm going to test the change on this track. Actually, the maximum G of a corner is related to the camber of the road as well. I hope the new change can manage 1.1g+ in this corner.

Interesting

Also, curious about your data overlay, is that all from Harry's laptimer or are you using an another app at the same time?

OP
OP

hugokuo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting

Also, curious about your data overlay, is that all from Harry's laptimer or are you using an another app at the same time?
All from Harry's laptimer. But render the overlay with RaceRender3

Afterfire

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2006 S2000, 2013 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Is this flash DME tuning or is this something that can be coded in chassis via Bimmercode or another more professional software requiring dealership-like chassis computer access? I like my HKS springs but they could be better.

OP
OP

hugokuo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is this flash DME tuning or is this something that can be coded in chassis via Bimmercode or another more professional software requiring dealership-like chassis computer access? I like my HKS springs but they could be better.
It needs the chassis computer access. I saw the tuner use it to make the adjustment in the workshop. That's a BMW place. They do the coding on BMW for a long time.
Sponsored