Engine swap b48 to b58

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I know comparing used to new is apples to oranges, but there was a time you could pick up a slightly used 2020 with just a few thousand miles for the same price as a new 4 banger.
Sponsored

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
I had a feeling that some were going to have buyer's remorse. Should have just got the 3.0 in the first place. It's only like what, $8k more?
and it will probably have a stronger demand in the used market and a higher resale value.

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7
What do you think other swap projects?
For a big project like you're looking for, I think the important thing to ask first, is Why do you want to do it?

What are you looking to gain and what are your ultimate goals? If it's just to have a bone stock to mild B58 3.0, then as others suggested you can trade it in and be done and it'll all work with no fuss and likely come in cheaper. You can find a B58 from a non-Supra for a lot cheaper than suggested, but getting the computers to play nice in a 2.0 would probably be a nightmare.

If your goal was to build a wild swap, then yeah buying the 2.0 might save you money (an argument could be made that the 3.0 has more parts to sell to offset the higher cost).

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Do a yamaha engine swap. I heard yamaha made a good motor back in the day, something called a JZ motor
You know Tada-san said so himself, for those looking to swap 2jz, they should get 2.0.
"2.0 does not have an active rear differential, it has a traditional limited slip differential.."

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I'd just enjoy the 2.0L for what it is. I bet you can floor the car and enjoy wringing out the engine on the streets more than the 3.0L.. may be do BBK, wheels/tires, springs, you're all set.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
Have you test driven a 3.0 yet? There's not a huge difference in between the two. Maybe only a second between the 0-60 times. When I trade my 3.0 in, I might consider the 2.0 for a replacement. I never use the 3.0 to it's full potential.

splv

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 IS350
You know Tada-san said so himself, for those looking to swap 2jz, they should get 2.0.
"2.0 does not have an active rear differential, it has a traditional limited slip differential.."
Tada-san is a crackhead. Guy gave you fake vents so you can mod yo Supra. He gave you the 2.0 so that you can swap in da 2J. Gave you wind buffeting so you can add lil winglets to your BMW mirrors lol. Dawg will sell you a bridge.

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
You were so preoccupied with whether you could, you didn't stop to think if you should.
We’ve finally made it to the Jurassic Park quotes phase.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Tada-san is a crackhead. Guy gave you fake vents so you can mod yo Supra. He gave you the 2.0 so that you can swap in da 2J. Gave you wind buffeting so you can add lil winglets to your BMW mirrors lol. Dawg will sell you a bridge.
This is the funniest thing I've read on the internet for a long time. ? thank you hahaha. I read it multiple times and laughed everytime. You are not wrong, hahah. (I read it in the voice of Xzibit)