Every New Supra comes with One Year NASA Membership

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Anyone know if they'll allow you to participate if your vehicle is modified? If not I'll just take it to the track on my own time.
we had supras from bone stock to modified making over 600 hp. only thing i 'd be concerned is alcohol injection if you have it with a separate tank /w alcohol. when alcohol is on fire, people cannot see it's on fire.
Sponsored

lando1432

First Name
Lando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 VW Cross Sport
hey whats up guy, like the title says, has anyone gotten the Complimentary Track Drive From Toyota Email ? and has anyone gone/signed up?

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
kind of sucks there's no chapter up in the Pacific Northwest. Closest track is in NorCal.

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
We received our complimentary NASA membership when we bought the car. Besides the track day, this includes discounts. Just purchased things at Competition Motorsports, free shipping and over 10% off. This was for seat brackets, mounting bolts, helmet and some carbon aero for a different car.

Driver608

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0, 2004 Boxster S
Just got a new 2022 GR Supra 3.0, what a beast!
The dealer had no clue about the the complimentary NASA membership and track day. To be fair, they only got 2 of them this year.
Autocrossing it is pretty much a no brainer, but...
Tracking it is an entirely different matter.
I have a million different questions, here are a few:
All track events require at least a front tow hook, what's the best one?
I'm thinking that the factory brakes won't last very long on the track, I'll probably go with Pagid after that. I need to change the pads and rotors on my track prepped Boxster every year.
How do R compound tires work with it? Yokohama Advan A052's? The stock PSS tires look great for drifting but are probably too greasy after a couple laps on a track.
What might I need to do in the short term (reliability, handling, etc)?
It has some negative camber by default, would increasing it improve cornering?
I'm used to driving with nothing but ABS so I usually turn all of that stuff off.

Thanks!

Last edited:

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Congrats on your new supra.

You can do some search and get most of the answer but in short, you don't need to change anything. Specially if you will be going to track even after toyota offered trackday. understand car first and see what you need to change. I took at least 6 track days before making single change. Also, if you decide not to go back for more, anything you changed may not help on street.

As for TCS, VSC, & ETC, follow your instructor's recommendation. package will arrive within few weeks or you might be able to register through link below.

#DRIVENASA | Toyota GR Supra
https://grsupra.drivenasa.com

ApexMissingApe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra (sold), BMW M550i, G8 GXP
Just got a new 2022 GR Supra 3.0, what a beast!
- Congrats!
The dealer had no clue about the the complimentary NASA membership and track day. To be fair, they only got 2 of them this year.
Autocrossing it is pretty much a no brainer, but...
Tracking it is an entirely different matter.
I have a million different questions, here are a few:
- I just use the one that comes with the car. It’s located behind a panel on the right side of the trunk.
I'm thinking that the factory brakes won't last very long on the track, I'll probably go with Pagid after that. I need to change the pads and rotors on my track prepped Boxster every year.
- The brakes held up well for me. Just change out the fluid first and see how you like it.
How do R compound tires work with it? Yokohama Advan A052's? The stock PSS tires look great for drifting but are probably too greasy after a couple laps on a track.
- The Supra has quite a bit of lean in stock form and stickier tires will make it worse. When you upgrade tires definitely consider some suspension mods while you’re at it.
It has some negative camber by default, would increasing it improve cornering?
- I plan to install some adjustable camber plates so I can fine tune the handling. You can’t adjust camber with the factory setup. Luckily it doesn’t push much in the corners.
I'm used to driving with nothing but ABS so I usually turn all of that stuff off.
- I turn off the nannies too once the tires heat up, but if you keep it on and just turn off traction control it lets you get sideways some before it steps it. It’s not over aggressive. Basically just push the button once to get into that mode.

Thanks!

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997.2 GT3, 2021 A91, 2008 S2K CR,
The OEM is great, located in the trunk compartment on the right, and is free ;)

I'm thinking that the factory brakes won't last very long on the track, I'll probably go with Pagid after that.
They do not, relative to the track and how hard you’re pushing. Unfortunately pad compound selection is still a bit limited but CSG/Carbotech/GLOC/Project Mu/Hawk all have great track compounds ready.

How do R compound tires work with it? Yokohama Advan A052's?
Like any other car when dropping TW ratings :)

The stock PSS tires look great for drifting but are probably too greasy after a couple laps on a track.
Run them until they chunk. They’re not great but not terrible for a 340 tw (or is it 300 I can’t remember) and again, came with the car so free consumable with your purchase :D

Biggest recommendation is to check the alignment and adjust toe to your preference. You won’t get any more front camber out of it without aftermarket modifications but many of these cars come from the factory with nightmare toe settings.

Enjoy.

WhatTheFetch

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
I purchased my 2022 3.0 Premium in September and I never received any info about the NASA Supra Track Day. How does a new owner get notified about this or sign up for it?