For the Quickjack Crew

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
With the "bike pump" joke, I had to ask, haha.
That wasn’t a joke, lol. It doesn’t have to be a bike pump, I just used my air compressor, but you need something to pump the cylinders up to pressure during initial setup.

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
So I currently only have a regular jack and bought those rubber pucks that go on the jack/jack stands that fit up into the jack points. This has been the most pita car I've owned to jack up because of the way the jack points are on this thing. Do you have to align the pucks on the quick jack so they get inside the jack points too or is there some other method to lift this thing and I'm mistaken? Cause it seems like it would still be a slow process to make sure you have those pucks aligned perfectly as you are raising it up so the slot into the jack points?

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
Ill throw my 2c in here

The quickjacks are super easy to use. I do use the low profile pads with BMW puck adapters. Its quick and easy to set them up as long as your car isnt super low. If it is, i suggest getting these:

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/products/bock-rubber-lift-ramps

2 of these will give you enough clearance to get the quickjacks under.

Otherwise its SO much easier to use quickjacks than jacks/stands. I love mine and will keep them until I have my next garage complete, which will have an in ground scissor lift.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So I currently only have a regular jack and bought those rubber pucks that go on the jack/jack stands that fit up into the jack points. This has been the most pita car I've owned to jack up because of the way the jack points are on this thing. Do you have to align the pucks on the quick jack so they get inside the jack points too or is there some other method to lift this thing and I'm mistaken? Cause it seems like it would still be a slow process to make sure you have those pucks aligned perfectly as you are raising it up so the slot into the jack points?
You don’t need the pucks with the quickjack, you can just center the large rubber pads that it comes with under the jack points on the car, it won’t damage them. That gives you a lot of slop when positioning things before jacking it up, it’s pretty fast/easy.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Ill throw my 2c in here

The quickjacks are super easy to use. I do use the low profile pads with BMW puck adapters. Its quick and easy to set them up as long as your car isnt super low. If it is, i suggest getting these:

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/products/bock-rubber-lift-ramps

2 of these will give you enough clearance to get the quickjacks under.

Otherwise its SO much easier to use quickjacks than jacks/stands. I love mine and will keep them until I have my next garage complete, which will have an in ground scissor lift.
$160 each?!?!? Lol. Sounds about Obsessed Garage.

or buy the 2.5” race ramps for $123 for the pair. https://www.raceramps.com/ramps/scale/p/rr-scale-2/

I have a set of four and they work perfectly.

E80FB1A5-4E2E-43B8-8D0E-7AE437A4E148.jpeg

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
You don’t need the pucks with the quickjack, you can just center the large rubber pads that it comes with under the jack points on the car, it won’t damage them. That gives you a lot of slop when positioning things before jacking it up, it’s pretty fast/easy.
This is what I was trying to understand.. so we DON'T "NEED" to have the puck that goes UP INTO the jack point? We can literally just have a flat rubber pad press up against that jack point housing and it won't just crumple? If that's the case that just completely sped up my lift time! This is my first car with the BMW style jack point and I thought we MUST use a puck/pad adapter that fits up inside that jack point

PXL_20230117_183728674.jpg

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I found that anything light tended to slide on swisstrax. the Bock weigh 50 lbs each and dont move once placed. For me the cost was worth it.
Yea I get that. I have wood planks with a screw in the front that fit in the tile groove since I had the fronts move. The rears never move though. The wood planks and screws with all four ramps are still cheaper than rip-off garage though ;)

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
This is what I was trying to understand.. so we DON'T "NEED" to have the puck that goes UP INTO the jack point? We can literally just have a flat rubber pad press up against that jack point housing and it won't just crumple? If that's the case that just completely sped up my lift time! This is my first car with the BMW style jack point and I thought we MUST use a puck/pad adapter that fits up inside that jack point

PXL_20230117_183728674.jpg
No pucks needed for quick jacks. I’ve lifted my Supra hundreds of times at this point with zero issues and my lift points still look brand new.

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yea I get that. I have wood planks with a screw in the front that fit in the tile groove since I had the fronts move. The rears never move though. The wood planks and screws with all four ramps are still cheaper than rip-off garage though ;)
rip-off garage... interesting.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No pucks needed for quick jacks. I’ve lifted my Supra hundreds of times at this point with zero issues and my lift points still look brand new.
Same. This is all I use with my QuickJacks:

https://www.quickjack.com/accessories/1-5-low-profile-blocks/

The medium blocks that it came with were fine when I was at the stock height, but once lowered about 1" I had issues getting them under the front lift points. With these low profile blocks it's not an issue.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
When assembling the hoses I would recommend teflon tape rather than the liquid thread sealer it comes with. I used the liquid and almost all the fittings leaked, creating a mess on my garage floor and tripling the time/effort to put it together.
Sponsored