Front and Rear Camber Adjustment

Lexxx

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Which would be more reliable with low NVH for street/daily driving? SPL FLCA's vs Verus/Vorshlag Camber Plates? Mainly looking into camber adjustment for wheel fitment.
what did you go with?

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I've had zero increase in NVH with the SPL FLCAs.

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
what did you go with?
I didn't go with either! My wheel setup is pretty aggressive, so I thought I would need camber arms/plates for daily driving, but after the HKS adjustable lowering springs and a good alignment, I had no need for additional camber.

But, during my research and planning, I found the Millway Supra Street Camber plates, which have polyurethane bushings instead of uniball (Verus, Vorshlag, or their own Millway Uniball plates), which is closer to OEM. They seem to be the least aggressive riding/NVH option for additional camber for the Supra, if it's just for a daily driver - these are the route I personally would go if I need more camber in the future.

https://www.millway.se/camber-plates-street-toyota-supra-a90.html

brucebigbro

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0
The rear is adjustable from the factory (not a lot but enough to correct lowering springs).
Front requires camber plate or lower control arms (you don't need both but you could if you're into that).
Hi , im in this problem now. does lower control arm makes the suspension more reliable?

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Hi , im in this problem now. does lower control arm makes the suspension more reliable?
I no longer have the Supra and I cannot answer what is more reliable. OEM components are generally tested to last quite a long time. When you purchase aftermarket control arms like the SPL ones I bought for camber adjustment, they are spherical bearings - this means they are stiffer than OEM rubber bushings - but because they are exposed bearings, they can wear out faster if dirt and grime wear into it. If you're using motorsports hardware and tracking your car, always inspect your parts.

brucebigbro

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0
I no longer have the Supra and I cannot answer what is more reliable. OEM components are generally tested to last quite a long time. When you purchase aftermarket control arms like the SPL ones I bought for camber adjustment, they are spherical bearings - this means they are stiffer than OEM rubber bushings - but because they are exposed bearings, they can wear out faster if dirt and grime wear into it. If you're using motorsports hardware and tracking your car, always inspect your parts.
this makes sense, thank you!

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase

In my experience the OEM arms are extremely soft and easy to bend. If you're going to track the car you need the camber adjustment anyway, so in addition to the adjustability you get a more durable part.

brucebigbro

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0
In my experience the OEM arms are extremely soft and easy to bend. If you're going to track the car you need the camber adjustment anyway, so in addition to the adjustability you get a more durable part.
yeah this makes a lot of sense, is SPL LCA good enough? or any other parts? now it is seems like camber plate or LCA serves kinda similar purpose if just for the camber degrees.

raiu

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Supra, 2018 WRX STI
The rear is adjustable from the factory (not a lot but enough to correct lowering springs).
Front requires camber plate or lower control arms (you don't need both but you could if you're into that).
Do you know if the rear is adjustable to compensate for 5mm of offset or 0.5 width of wheel poke?

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Do you know if the rear is adjustable to compensate for 5mm of offset or 0.5 width of wheel poke?
the camber adjustment in the rear isn't really going to do too much to pull the wheel inward at the top - if rubbing is the concern. But there is a natural camber in the rear which will camber the tire inwards at the top as you experience suspension compression. you can always find an off camber driveway to experiment if you don't want to jack up the car.

HaiFrends

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra Nocturnal Black
this is my current dilemma...choosing between the two (camber plates vs LCA). i was thinking camber plates were good enough for a daily driver with no track use (yet).
Sponsored