Front camber

1slow_mk5

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra. S2000. 328i
What are the pros and cons between SPL adjustable lower control arm or camber plates like Verus or Vorshlag. Price are very similar.
Sponsored

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
I know Vorshlag camber plates only gave me about a degree of adjustment. I need to add the SPL lower control arm to get a bit more. At the time, the Verus camber plate wasn't available. I don't know how much more the Verus plate would give but I would hope more than a degree or so.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Im at -2 degress without camber plates.

How much are you trying to get with the plates?

OP
OP

1slow_mk5

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra. S2000. 328i

im on stock suspension and plan to stay that way for a while. My max camber is -1.8. /-1.9 and before I upgrade front tires id like to be able to dial in more negative camber so i don’t destroy the outside shoulder.

Attachments

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I went the SPL route. Can definitely get beyond -3 degrees but i've been satisfied with -2.5 degrees.

It might be easier for the alignment tech as they're just working under the car the entire time.

I'm not sure of the pros/cons mixing and matching parts. I can imagine as we're only changing one component, we're then putting added stress on connected parts and might cause premature wear.

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase

im on stock suspension and plan to stay that way for a while. My max camber is -1.8. /-1.9 and before I upgrade front tires id like to be able to dial in more negative camber so i don’t destroy the outside shoulder.
is this with stock height and suspension

Msoupe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0, Civic Hatch, C10 Pickup
Verus claims -3 is possible with their camber plates and they are the cheapest. I might do down that route.

https://www.verus-engineering.com/s...ly-mk5-toyota-supra-1811?category=42#attr=199
I contacted Verus and they confirmed that -3° is the max camber measurement you can achieve. (at stock RH)

In other words, you can only gain about -1° additional camber. Similar to the Vorshlag. The problem lies with the large front spring and strut tower interference.

I'm sitting at about -2.2° camber with Swift lowered height with no camber plates or adjustable LCA's. An extra degree of neg camber is most welcome. Still on the fence on whether to go plates or LCA's.

ProsCons
Camber PlatesAdditional 1° neg CamberOnly 1° of additional neg Camber (but is that enough for most peeps?)
Less expensive ($460-$579)Potential increase in harshness due to spherical bearing.
Adjustable Lower Control ArmsEnough Camber Adjustment you will ever need.Hits some aftermarket adjustable sway bars that have multiple end holes. (longer ends)
Can be used with a bumpsteer kit ($349) and can restore some roll center height lost when loweringMore expensive ($699)

Lordhowe

First Name
HG
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Yaris
I went down the Vorshlag route and got about -2.5 on the front with stock strut assembly. One warning about Vorshlag camber plates is that the top strut nut was cut with worn-out/not centered tooling causing one side of the thread to be flat. That gave me alot of trouble until i realized what it is. Kinda unacceptable considering they are $150 more than what Verus charges...

OP
OP

1slow_mk5

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra. S2000. 328i
Realistically I will run stock shocks/springs for 3-4 years.
The Verus only works with Oem shocks/ oem like “lowering “ springs but i saw there was a new set for sale in the forum marketplace and pulled the trigger.
Will report back what I get. As long as its -3.0 at stock height ill be happy.
Sponsored