How to Improve OE Sub Bass Quality and Eliminate Vibrations

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
There’s nothing wrong w doing what you did. I chose to go further. A lot of people did. A lot of didn’t. That’s why it’s your car. Make it how u want it
Sponsored

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Thank you Tadda for this wonderful thread. One week into my ownership and you basically fixed the worst thing about it
I am going to do this mod soon but I honestly don't think the Supra's stock audio is all that bad. I have a custom Focal setup in my other car and it is certainly better than the JBL system in the Supra.. but the Supra's system isn't awful by any stretch.

For those of you too lazy to read the first post, the thread, or just came in here to dickwag amongst your own car community with your wildly overkill subwoofer additions, shame on you, grow up. It's evident by your overkill additions that you will need to mature as an adult at some point.
Jesus.. even I think that's a bit harsh. lol.

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
I tried that way first. Was bad idea. Went this route instead

D16FA32B-FACB-4B91-B27C-2637812743AC.jpeg
That set up is nice. A bit to much for me though. Did you remove the OEM subwoofer components for that audio job or just build on top of and/or around?
I think the JBL audio system is fine, I just want a little more punch in the bass. Maybe a 10” low profile sub on 600wt amp.

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I did the first time. Will show you my first build. If it’s ok w the recent guy shaming everyone for adding a sub.

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Here’s how I did this part. Will have to go back and find the other ways. Give me a minute

F8E732DF-0B2D-401D-83F9-2999C7FD2D32.jpeg

FE7A25D9-C63F-44BE-93C7-9FC3FCBBF106.jpeg

1247DB7B-8D06-4EDD-9FFB-ED6EC41228C1.jpeg

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
This was the first attempt. Midbass on top of existing box and ported 10 in the rear

B93B3188-93E3-41BF-8126-9BB04B01B729.png

OP
OP
tadda

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you Tadda for this wonderful thread. One week into my ownership and you basically fixed the worst thing about it
Your welcome....

It's been a year now since I moved on from the Supra but nice to hear that after over 3 years since I posted this thread it's still helpful / useful for some....

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Your welcome....

It's been a year now since I moved on from the Supra but nice to hear that after over 3 years since I posted this thread it's still helpful / useful for some....
Man I hope you’re listening to the engine noise on the track as well. Beautiful Vette brotha!

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Your welcome....

Just randomly looked at subs online, found this thread again because I’m getting more into audio quality and I can’t believe you don’t have a Supra anymore (and it’s been a whole year?). You were great with it. I don’t post here anymore but I’m just enjoying mine all the time. Good luck with your future genius tutorials

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Thank you!!

I was about to think the same... BTW mine is also a 2023 MT... not sure I saw anyone else in the thread with this issue other than us, so maybe that's something for the 23/MT.....

What's interesting though is that it wasn't that bad before I started the project, so I kinda feel there's something at the upper piece of the subwoofer box. I see you removed the side panels before, have you removed that top part as well?
I forgot to post on here but the dealer did end up replacing that speaker finally (probably) and if anything just made matters worse. At this point I'm thinking there is just something vibrating behind one of those panels so I'm probably just going to tear it apart and fix it myself. It's bad enough now that I can hopefully track it down more easily.

The reason I say they probably replaced it is because the receipt they gave me listed the part number for the passenger side but they say it was actually the driver side they replaced.

roddrsw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT
I forgot to post on here but the dealer did end up replacing that speaker finally (probably) and if anything just made matters worse. At this point I'm thinking there is just something vibrating behind one of those panels so I'm probably just going to tear it apart and fix it myself. It's bad enough now that I can hopefully track it down more easily.

The reason I say they probably replaced it is because the receipt they gave me listed the part number for the passenger side but they say it was actually the driver side they replaced.
Dealers doing their great support as always... :(

Thanks for the update though! I haven't fixed mine yet but somewhat the noise is lower...

I tried just removing the top subwoofer case to try to see something but it didn't helped mine on anything (at least on mine). It's worth trying to see if you can find something before tear it down. There's just a couple clips around that you need to gently pull each one up. Easy to remove and reinstall.
1707496880746.png

I also found this topic where they just slid the baffle high enough to access the subs so no need to remove the entire thing, I will try to do that any day. That would definitely help on finding the damn noise.
1707496675899.png

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
The stock rear vanity bar rattles alot
Also stuffing the inside of the subwoofer e closer with speaker wadding helped out tremendously
I ended up using the Integral Audio subs for F series BMW and did the Cusco harness bar plus speaker wadding mod and all of my rattles are now gone

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dealers doing their great support as always... :(

Thanks for the update though! I haven't fixed mine yet but somewhat the noise is lower...

I tried just removing the top subwoofer case to try to see something but it didn't helped mine on anything (at least on mine). It's worth trying to see if you can find something before tear it down. There's just a couple clips around that you need to gently pull each one up. Easy to remove and reinstall.
1707496880746.png

I also found this topic where they just slid the baffle high enough to access the subs so no need to remove the entire thing, I will try to do that any day. That would definitely help on finding the damn noise.
1707496675899.png

It's definitely NOT the small set of speakers behind my head. I have that taken out now and the sound is coming from the subwoofer area. I'm leaning toward the driver side subwoofer itself having a blown voice coil.

The stock rear vanity bar rattles alot
Also stuffing the inside of the subwoofer e closer with speaker wadding helped out tremendously
I ended up using the Integral Audio subs for F series BMW and did the Cusco harness bar plus speaker wadding mod and all of my rattles are now gone
Are you saying integral audio makes a replacement speaker that will fit in the stock subwoofer box? If so can you link exactly what you bought?

roddrsw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT
It's definitely NOT the small set of speakers behind my head. I have that taken out now and the sound is coming from the subwoofer area. I'm leaning toward the driver side subwoofer itself having a blown voice coil.

Are you saying integral audio makes a replacement speaker that will fit in the stock subwoofer box? If so can you link exactly what you bought?
Yeah that's about the exact same for me. That's what I mentioned, to remove the top subwoofer "mesh case". My case is also only on the driver side subwoofer

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah that's about the exact same for me. That's what I mentioned, to remove the top subwoofer "mesh case". My case is also only on the driver side subwoofer
Welp I just bought a used replacement from ebay for $80 so we'll see how it goes. I'll update you once I have that installed hopefully next week.
Sponsored