Installed Eibach Z4 3.0 lower springs .8” drop

xkenx1995

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Alright! I trimmed those rear bump stops and now she feels great! Thanks for the help!
Hey I’ve been trying to find pics of where people have been cutting the rear bump stops. Are you reusing the plastic looking dust boot in the rear? I goofed and I cut the bump stop where the dust boot is attached, allowing the boot to free travel up and down.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hey I’ve been trying to find pics of where people have been cutting the rear bump stops. Are you reusing the plastic looking dust boot in the rear? I goofed and I cut the bump stop where the dust boot is attached, allowing the boot to free travel up and down.
I can’t exactly remember. Post a pic here to refresh my memory. But I seem to remember there was only one obvious place to cut it if you separate the bump stop from the boot. The boot will then just slip over the remaining bump stop and will center itself because of the shock shaft.

OP
OP
Andrew4Supra

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
~ You’ll cut the smallest portion (donut) off.
7E854709-1183-42F4-BF84-1EE12D240E93.jpeg
E3ABD430-547A-471C-BF58-1C927D41993A.jpeg
FFD24A5F-30D8-4B7D-982C-AC27AF5F18EE.jpeg

monkey_alan

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Monza Red Supra
Ok, so when I got my Eibachs installed the installer never trimmed my bump stops, in fact the installer was adamant that it wasn't necessary as it wasn't the US pro kit which has a more aggressive drop. So I was like OK I'll leave it then.
The ride is still fairly good on the right road, but when I'm in sport mode, its a little unsettled over the bigger bumps, more so then I would like. So I'm going to have a go a trimming them.

Can confirm the bump stops pictured in Andrews post are indeed the front Bump Stops.
I've been able to do the fronts in very little time. Jack the car, wheel off, slide the boot protector up, slide the bump stop down, lucky there is decent gaps between the coils and with the right sharp knife it'll cut right off, care must be taken as you don't want to scratch or mark the shock stanchion.

I haven't done the rears yet, I'm hoping they're as straight forward. I don't have a big collection of tools so it would be ideal If I didn't have to remove shocks and springs.

Does anyone know if the rear bump stops can be trimmed with the shock still in the car ?

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so when I got my Eibachs installed the installer never trimmed my bump stops, in fact the installer was adamant that it wasn't necessary as it wasn't the US pro kit which has a more aggressive drop. So I was like OK I'll leave it then.
The ride is still fairly good on the right road, but when I'm in sport mode, its a little unsettled over the bigger bumps, more so then I would like. So I'm going to have a go a trimming them.

Can confirm the bump stops pictured in Andrews post are indeed the front Bump Stops.
I've been able to do the fronts in very little time. Jack the car, wheel off, slide the boot protector up, slide the bump stop down, lucky there is decent gaps between the coils and with the right sharp knife it'll cut right off, care must be taken as you don't want to scratch or mark the shock stanchion.

I haven't done the rears yet, I'm hoping they're as straight forward. I don't have a big collection of tools so it would be ideal If I didn't have to remove shocks and springs.

Does anyone know if the rear bump stops can be trimmed with the shock still in the car ?
You cannot because the plastic boot hides the bump stops inside it. It’s easy enough to do. You need to remove the shock though, but the spring can stay in place. Once you remove the shock then you remove the top plate and that will give you access to the boot and the bump stop.

xkenx1995

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
958CCA0A-B3EC-4D57-B8C9-7161853CF7F7.jpeg

~ Yes this is the front bump stop. The rears look very similar.
Sounds good. Kinda goofed and cut off the top donut portion and putting the bottom portion away which kinda holds the dust boot in the rear in place. Saw some other threads elsewhere a good amount of superglue will suffice to put it back together and cutting the bottom donut off this time. Thank you for the help!

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
I ordered a set of these springs today. Can't wait to get them installed!
Sponsored