Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
At the end of the day.. people that are upset and people that are hopeful want one thing.. and that is.. justice to the name ‘Supra’ and for Toyota to do right by it.

When you see things slip away or get better people react differently ... not everyone is the same. Folks that really don’t care about this car or toyota are not here to begin with, only the ones interested and are looking to potentially buy are here.
Sponsored

upnsmoke

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota MR2 GT, Nismo 370Z , Subaru Liberty Outback
Toyota developing their own engine makes sense...

If you've owned BMWs and Toyota and have serviced the cars all the way upto 40,000 Miles (70,000+ Kms) then you'd know the price difference.

Sorry European fans, but Euro cars have bad resale value due to maintainability... Toyota in the other hand are one of the better maintainable cars out there.

They cannot have a Supra that has same cost and issues as Euros after a couple of years or so.... thats not how Toyota rolls.

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
At the end of the day.. people that are upset and people that are hopeful want one thing.. and that is.. justice to the name ‘Supra’ and for Toyota to do right by it.

When you see things slip away or get better people react differently ... not everyone is the same. Folks that really don’t care about this car or toyota are not here to begin with, only the ones interested and are looking to potentially buy are here.
What I was getting at was the name calling and negativity towards this car and Toyota in general, with big assumptions and generalizations made, based on internet BS and no facts...

solidsamir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
as for the other project, I am now working on a few different Lexus projects and they are going well. I will say the atmosphere is a bit different in my current role, but I knew many of these people previously so nothing bad or surprising.
Thanks for the info A7! I'm glad that everything is working out for all the members and enthusiasts in the Supra community. I never doubted Toyota.

On another note, do you have any info on the redesigns of Toyota's trucks? 4runner, Tundra etc.?

Last edited:

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
I do not unfortunately. My information is more or less limited to 2 Lexus models and shoulder bumping here and there over this car.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
In light of this latest news it's obvious that the Supra will be an amazing car. Unfortunately it's become equally obvious that a $45k US starting price is a total fantasy, Corvette money will be required. Those looking for a mid-tier sportscar one step up from an 86 are SOL (in fact they're outright screwed).

solidsamir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
In light of this latest news it's obvious that the Supra will be an amazing car. Unfortunately it's become equally obvious that a $45k US starting price is a total fantasy, Corvette money will be required. Those looking for a mid-tier sportscar one step up from an 86 are SOL (in fact they're outright screwed).
Well there was an article a Lil while back that said the 86 was being redesigned

CantEven_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Cayman GT4
Is no one under the assumption that with the new engine / possible 48v system / carbon fiber roof / sup 3000lb etc etc. that this new supra is looking like an 80k+ car?

has anyone heard or confirmed ballpark figures of 55k?

Status
Not open for further replies.