Issue with white smoke out exhaust

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
Could it be simple as that the 6port had oil on it for transport like brakes do? and that it's burning off so over time it'll go? how thick are we talking? something that a steam train would give off or a matchstick?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Luis2120

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Have you done PCV mods like valve cover upgrade or block off pins? Do you have a catch can?
I had a mishimoto catch can which isnā€™t really suppose to be used with the KLM kit and turns out for some reason that was causing all the white smoke. Because literally as soon as I disconnected it, all smoke went away oddly. Now I get zero white smoke. Now I went ahead and bought the klm catch can lol

Zupra_Toscana90

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten Silver A90
I had a mishimoto catch can which isnā€™t really suppose to be used with the KLM kit and turns out for some reason that was causing all the white smoke. Because literally as soon as I disconnected it, all smoke went away oddly. Now I get zero white smoke. Now I went ahead and bought the klm catch can lol
Well I ask only because I recently did PCV block off pins on mine with a KLM catch can and the top of my catch can smokes now (which is normal since there is no vacuum source to draw the blow by vapors)
So pending your preference, you'll either have to endure it via exhaust or catch can.

Tsuki8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 3.0 AZ BM3 E50 WMI
I did a compression test for now and this what we got. Is this normal?
3B5880AE-D533-4BE4-AEE2-E6EF657C2C86.jpeg
2020 2-port minimum compression is 131psi.
(I know OP mentioned his is a 6-port)

1700371066529.png

OP
OP

Luis2120

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
2020 2-port minimum compression is 131psi.
(I know OP mentioned his is a 6-port)

1700371066529.png
I ended up re doing compression and got 149-150 psi with all cylinders. Must of not done cylinder 5 and 6 how I was suppose to the first time. But to be honest I donā€™t know whatā€™s technically the normal psi for a 6 port to be at. All my cylinders are at 150 psi but Iā€™ve seen people have as high as 220 psi across all cylinders. So makes me wonder if mines is low lol

racebuild

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
Well I ask only because I recently did PCV block off pins on mine with a KLM catch can and the top of my catch can smokes now (which is normal since there is no vacuum source to draw the blow by vapors)
So pending your preference, you'll either have to endure it via exhaust or catch can.
What is the second line off the catch can connected to CCV port?

Technically you have a less effective PCV system currently due to blocked off ports and no additional venting. Would recommend adding an oil cap vent with AN fitting to the catch can.

Zupra_Toscana90

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten Silver A90
What is the second line off the catch can connected to CCV port?

Technically you have a less effective PCV system currently due to blocked off ports and no additional venting. Would recommend adding an oil cap vent with AN fitting to the catch can.
I ended up getting an oil cap breather and ran a line from the catch can back to the intake plenum with a VTT one way check valve. It'll pull the vapor under vacuum/idle and under boost keep the check valve closed allowing the PCV system to vent as needed through the catch can breather and oil cap breather. Have not had a single issue or bit of smoke ever since.
SUPRA PCV.jpg

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 zx10 fully built
I have this same issue but it is in reverse. I do not have smoke during a pull or when I let out. When i stop at a light smoke out the exhaust. Smells like oil but white. Recently blew PCV replaced with new valve cover (used) installed block off pins. Still smoke. So i ran a radium catch can set. The CCV can i made the check valve a 2 way so if it was pushing oil it will drain bk and all the pressure from the crankcase would have somewhere to go. The PCV can i have mates with the KLM vented oil cap. Still have tons of white smoke out the exhaust when sitting still. Them nothing while driving

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I have this same issue but it is in reverse. I do not have smoke during a pull or when I let out. When i stop at a light smoke out the exhaust. Smells like oil but white. Recently blew PCV replaced with new valve cover (used) installed block off pins. Still smoke. So i ran a radium catch can set. The CCV can i made the check valve a 2 way so if it was pushing oil it will drain bk and all the pressure from the crankcase would have somewhere to go. The PCV can i have mates with the KLM vented oil cap. Still have tons of white smoke out the exhaust when sitting still. Them nothing while driving
When you blocked off your PCV with pins, do any of your new PCV vents or cans attach to a constant source of vacuum? For example, running the valve cover to a t-tap on the large barb at the front of the manifold. The car will smoke at idle if there is insufficient vacuum for the crank case after doing a PCV blockoff.

1705518811516.png

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
When you blocked off your PCV with pins, do any of your new PCV vents or cans attach to a constant source of vacuum? For example, running the valve cover to a t-tap on the large barb at the front of the manifold. The car will smoke at idle if there is insufficient vacuum for the crank case after doing a PCV blockoff.

1705518811516.png
No I do not have anything running to that. Actually all the stock hoses and stuff are still connected

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
My car has been doing this on and off for well over a year now. Some days I can drive the car all day without seeing any smoke what-so-ever, but then some days it will happen once or twice. My issue is that the little wafting of smoke only ever happens when coming to a stop and once I am completely stopped, it does not smoke while idling at all and does not smoke at all while driving or during WOT, only when coming to a complete stop. My car still seems to run and drive as if it were brand new.

During a time period where my car was tuned on E40, I would occasionally have this issue occur, and if I did any kind of datalogging for tune revision, or did any 60-130 runs, they were always in the low low 8 second territory. My car has since had it's tune removed via Toyota, (accidentally during brake system recall update) and my car still has my MST intake and Catless DP on it.

I'm wondering if my issue is going to end up being the faulty piston ring issue that some of the 2021 cars feel victim to. I think it's either this, or my luck wasn't great with how well my factory turbo seals held up to being thrashed while tuned lol.

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My car has been doing this on and off for well over a year now. Some days I can drive the car all day without seeing any smoke what-so-ever, but then some days it will happen once or twice. My issue is that the little wafting of smoke only ever happens when coming to a stop and once I am completely stopped, it does not smoke while idling at all and does not smoke at all while driving or during WOT, only when coming to a complete stop. My car still seems to run and drive as if it were brand new.

During a time period where my car was tuned on E40, I would occasionally have this issue occur, and if I did any kind of datalogging for tune revision, or did any 60-130 runs, they were always in the low low 8 second territory. My car has since had it's tune removed via Toyota, (accidentally during brake system recall update) and my car still has my MST intake and Catless DP on it.

I'm wondering if my issue is going to end up being the faulty piston ring issue that some of the 2021 cars feel victim to. I think it's either this, or my luck wasn't great with how well my factory turbo seals held up to being thrashed while tuned lol.
im turbo swapped. EFR 8474. I was thinking maybe my turbo seals are toast but under boost (34psi) nothing turbo responds and hits like a freight, getting off the throttle after a pull nothing. But soon as I come to a stop itā€™s smoking like a chimney for a good bit. If the light is a long red light itā€™ll come to a stop. When I take off more smoke then nothing. Havenā€™t needed to add oil or coolant at all

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
im turbo swapped. EFR 8474. I was thinking maybe my turbo seals are toast but under boost (34psi) nothing turbo responds and hits like a freight, getting off the throttle after a pull nothing. But soon as I come to a stop itā€™s smoking like a chimney for a good bit. If the light is a long red light itā€™ll come to a stop. When I take off more smoke then nothing. Havenā€™t needed to add oil or coolant at all
Sounds exactly like my experience minus the "smokes like a chimney for a good bit part". My car will literally stop smoking like 2 seconds after I've completely stopped.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
White smoke at idle usually means insufficient crank case evacuation. Either because the car has a deficient PCV system from the factory, or the owner has made modifications to the PCV system that eliminate one or more vacuum sources on the case when there's nothing coming from the throttle.

Smoking under throttle typically means poor oil drainage from turbo and oil is pushing past seals, blown turbo seals altogether, or blown HG. The PCV system is still suspect here as well, but less so.
Sponsored