Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition Refraction Blue
My statement stands. It’s just content for content’s sake. 🤷‍♂️
It was content because I get a ton of questions about what it's like working with Jesse, and how the process works. That is what this video was about, how the process works and that everything is dependent upon what you want out of your car and how far you're willing to go working with him. If there is a specific question you have, fire away, I'd be more than happy to answer it. Also, if there are videos that you'd like to see, I'm always game for new ideas.
Sponsored

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Are there any accurate dyno numbers/track times for cars running jb4? On youtube you can find countless mhd/bm3/ecutek videos showing such, but I can't see to find anything on jb4 outside of simple install videos.

Do you have dragy times comparing custom map 6 vs map 2?
Theres a lot of info on FB as far as dynos and draggy go.

1/4 mile track times are going to vary quite a bit. I have one guy running 11.25 with Canda gas and a little octane booster, and I have other guys running 11.5 with an Eblend and Meth. It really comes down to the driver.

As far as why aren't there more YT videos idk. I dont ask Mark to make any videos he does it on his own.

Id honestly say about 95% of the people I work with dont have any plans on ever going to the track or recording any real metrics as the JB4 for the most part is for the enthusiasts who wants a little more out of the car but not much more. The main priority for them is reliability and smooth power and as most of you konw the OTS maps can definitely lack both of those. For guys like Mark if an ECU tune was available here in the States he would be part of that other 5% who wants to push it a bit further and do track events.

saik

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Tungsten
Going to add I also went with Jesse's custom map. Mostly for all the obvious reasons (want a bit more reliable power, and ECU is locked.)

And the video was pretty on point explaining the PROCESS of getting a custom JB4 map. Nowhere was it advertised as the "Here's a 7 minute technical breakdown on how the JB4 works."

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
I want to ask a question that's on my mind and maybe some others, is there any danger when running that first tune and dialing it in?

OP
OP
Spiguyver

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition Refraction Blue
I want to ask a question that's on my mind and maybe some others, is there any danger when running that first tune and dialing it in?
There's probably always a risk when you do anything that isn't leaving the car stock. However, from my experience, the map that Jesse sends over to start with is tamer and safer than some of the OTS maps already on the JB4, then he uses the log data to make tweaks to achieve what you're looking to do. I think the process keeps it as safe as can be.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I wanted a catless downpipe and track exhaust. Got it. I bought this tune from Jesse so I can make sure my car is running optimally when I'm really driving it hard on track. I like fast cars but I won't be looking at launch numbers or for HP raw data. Just my track times and how the car feels on track. Not overheating or blowing the engine would be nice too 😂. Thx Mark @Spiguyver for making this video/thread!

Update: I’m running my custom map 6 in town and it’s such a fun beast! I turn the JB4 off at the track but will be working on that. Jesse asked me to send him new logs, I just haven’t gotten around to it yet. I bought a heat exchanger and need to put it in. The guy has been stellar to work with. Highly recommend Jesse to anyone considering having the feel of owning two cars in one 😉

Last edited:

MoTeC_R

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 & 2022 A91-CF
Are there any accurate dyno numbers/track times for cars running jb4? On youtube you can find countless mhd/bm3/ecutek videos showing such, but I can't see to find anything on jb4 outside of simple install videos.

Do you have dragy times comparing custom map 6 vs map 2?
While not on a JB4, I saw draggy data on a JB+ direct comparison on an M140i at +4.5 boost on 93 octane shave .355 seconds off their standing best 0-60 time prior to adding the JB+ to the car which was completely stock.

Last edited:

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
I ran 12.2 @117mph on bone stock 2021. With JB+ at default 3 o'clock position, ran 12.0 @ 120. I'll run it at max setting this season and see what it nets.
Sponsored