Just got a 21. Have question

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Not a Stinger, but I raced a Kia Sonata N Line the other day. We gunned it maybe from about 55mph into the 120mph's. I was only pulling on him a touch. No way it was stock, as I should have walked away from him at speed. The Kia performance line (N Line) cars are quick, especially when tuned. The Stinger was actually on my short list last year when buying a new daily driver. Decided to get a pickup instead for a little more utility, but I do occasionally regret not getting when when I see them out and about.

I'm going to have to track one down to give it a run (on a closed race course do not try this at home)!
Sponsored

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Not a Stinger, but I raced a Kia Sonata N Line the other day. We gunned it maybe from about 55mph into the 120mph's. I was only pulling on him a touch. No way it was stock, as I should have walked away from him at speed. The Kia performance line (N Line) cars are quick, especially when tuned. The Stinger was actually on my short list last year when buying a new daily driver. Decided to get a pickup instead for a little more utility, but I do occasionally regret not getting when when I see them out and about.

I'm going to have to track one down to give it a run (on a closed race course do not try this at home)!
Was it a true N or an N line because the N line is not even in the same league as the actual N. Itā€™s like an m sport package on a bmw vs a true M car

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist

You mean a Hyundai. I donā€™t think the full-fat Sonata N is out yet, so it was most likely an N-Line, which is not all that much different from a regular Sonata (mostly aesthetics). That said, if the performance was as you witnessed that car had to have been heavily modified.

Edit: Looks like the N-Line may have some additional performance over the regular Sonata, however a stock example should have been no match for a 3.0 Supra.

Last edited:

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Was it a true N or an N line because the N line is not even in the same league as the actual N. Itā€™s like an m sport package on a bmw vs a true M car
You mean a Hyundai. I donā€™t think the full-fat Sonata N is out yet, so it was most likely an N-Line, which is not all that much different from a regular Sonata (mostly aesthetics). That said, if the performance was as you witnessed that car had to have been heavily modified.

Edit: Looks like the N-Line may have some additional performance over the regular Sonata, however a stock example should have been no match for a 3.0 Supra.
Whoops! I got my manufactures confused. I don't know if it was a true N or an N-Line, or even that is was a Sonata. That's what it looked like based on the pics on their website, but honestly most of their cars look the same, they're just different sizes. Based on it's performance, if it wasn't modified, it had to have been a true N model as it was fast AF. I can only assume it was modded.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Start in 2nd gear, power-brake to a little over 2000RPM, and go. And donā€™t forget to shift. :)
~ As for your second sentence ā€¦ I made that mistake onceā€¦ once. ?

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
Whoops! I got my manufactures confused. I don't know if it was a true N or an N-Line, or even that is was a Sonata. That's what it looked like based on the pics on their website, but honestly most of their cars look the same, they're just different sizes. Based on it's performance, if it wasn't modified, it had to have been a true N model as it was fast AF. I can only assume it was modded.
No problem. They have an Elantra N coming out (the Elantra and the Sonata are both sedans, so could be confused), but even a full Hyundai N car shouldnā€™t be too much trouble for ours. Might be close with a 2.0, but havenā€™t compared any published numbers.

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7
Sure, but stingers are also pretty easily tuned. Theyā€™re super capable cars, and can be real quick with some mods.
They are definitely faster than most would think, with similar mods Supra every day though.

Tuned Stinger vs stock Supra is a different story. I've got a buddy with one, they're fairly easy to get into the 11's. Granted not as easy as the Supra. So if he's got some decent mods (flex fuel and meth particularly) already and you don't have a tune. You may want to ease off on the smack talk. He could be deep into the 11's. Only a handful just barely breaking into the 10's with a lot more serious modifications.
https://stingerforum.org/threads/the-official-1-4-mile-track-thread.11676/

The basic formula of DP + tune + E + tire and you should be in good shape against almost any Stinger.

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
He was probably the complete package = better paid and better looking and didnt drive your lame Supra lol :)

2.0 owner here lol :) :)
He was better looking for sure, but then 95% of the human race is. As for better paid, highly unlikely. As for driving a ā€œlame Supraā€, that phrase is odd coming from a 2.0 owner. I repeat, a 2.0 owner.

aksprite

First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra, the bus
He was better looking for sure, but then 95% of the human race is. As for better paid, highly unlikely. As for driving a ā€œlame Supraā€, that phrase is odd coming from a 2.0 owner. I repeat, a 2.0 owner.
quit the facade, I bet youā€™re lowkey a cutie.

Camus

First Name
Daniel.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra , 2021 M4 Base.
So I got my dream car finally. A refraction model. Anyway, Iā€™ve been talking smack to my neighbor/friend that Iā€™m gonna gap his stinger.
I come to find out that the stinger is a capable car and seems to beat supras.
Does anyone have any experience going against a stinger.
I used to have both:

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I used to have both:

I cant even see the time the supra ran the popup for the corvette is consistently blocking it.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
T
Sorry I fixed that, time was 12.71 at 112.07 mph.
The Supra is capable of more. I got mine to a 12.41 at 113ish mph bone stock other then lowering springs and tires with 30k miles. You can definitely get a larger margin between the 2

Camus

First Name
Daniel.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra , 2021 M4 Base.
Yeah, wasn't the best launch, that track is always very crowded, so I got a few runs. Still the trap speed is around that. Post E50 tune the trap was 125 mph though.
Sponsored

Last edited: