Looking to upgrade my tires to all-seasons. Not sure what the fronts should be at.

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
My stock tires are getting to the end of their life. I live in Missouri and the cold weather (rapid weather change) surely cracks the stock a bit which is why I am looking for all seasons.
It appears the biggest all seasons I can get in the rear at 285's but I am not sure if I should go 255 or upgrade to 265 in the fronts.
I daily the car and when I do my after hours driving, its on locked back roads in my area.
I also will be around 600ft pounds of torque.

Based on this information, what size should I go in the front to reduce torque steer/rear wheel wiggle on hard accelerations?
Sponsored

AP1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR
My stock tires are getting to the end of their life. I live in Missouri and the cold weather (rapid weather change) surely cracks the stock a bit which is why I am looking for all seasons.
It appears the biggest all seasons I can get in the rear at 285's but I am not sure if I should go 255 or upgrade to 265 in the fronts.
I daily the car and when I do my after hours driving, its on locked back roads in my area.
I also will be around 600ft pounds of torque.

Based on this information, what size should I go in the front to reduce torque steer/rear wheel wiggle on hard accelerations?
For weather like in MO, you better have TWO SETS of wheels/tires - one for summer and one for winter. You need all performance you can get in warm weather - no all season tires will give you that. And when temperature is below freezing, you better use dedicated winter/snow tires. I drove sport cars for 15 years in place that had real winter, and used two sets all the time. That saved me and my car from damage numerous times.

OP
OP
Benjilis

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
For weather like in MO, you better have TWO SETS of wheels/tires - one for summer and one for winter. You need all performance you can get in warm weather - no all season tires will give you that. And when temperature is below freezing, you better use dedicated winter/snow tires. I drove sport cars for 15 years in place that had real winter, and used two sets all the time. That saved me and my car from damage numerous times.
Right but having 2 sets of wheels and tires isnā€™t very cost effective right now. Plus Iā€™m in an apartment and canā€™t store a set. You also didnā€™t help answer as my decision has been made and Iā€™m looking for info on the staggered setup for where I am at, the tires I am going to use, and what I do.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
If you want to run just one set of A/S tires, the Extreme Conti's DWS06 Plus are quite popular.

I'm actually looking at those myself. I live in Dallas, and while summers are hot and brutal, winter is far from traditional. Most of the spring and fall consist of temperatures swaying from 40s to 80s, sometimes several times a week for months.

Since the Supra is my daily, I don't have the time for swapping tires every week based on our crazy weather. Even at the cost of a dedicated summer tire dry grip.

Winters maybe a bit more intense up there in MO, however, than what the DWS06 may provide.

Most seem to run the DWS06 in 265/35 and 285/35 sizes on the OEM wheels.

You might want to check with @BadOne , @Spiguyver and @BananaBandolero for their experiences with the Conti's. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Benjilis

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
If you want to run just one set of A/S tires, the Extreme Conti's DWS06 Plus are quite popular.

I'm actually looking at those myself. I live in Dallas, and while summers are hot and brutal, winter is far from traditional. Most of the spring and fall consist of temperatures swaying from 40s to 80s, sometimes several times a week for months.

Since the Supra is my daily, I don't have the time for swapping tires every week based on our crazy weather. Even at the cost of a dedicated summer tire dry grip.

Winters maybe a bit more intense up there in MO, however, than what the DWS06 may provide.

You might want to check with @BadOne , @Spiguyver and @BananaBandolero for their experiences with the Conti's. Hope this helps.
Thank you. That helps a lot! Looks like they are keeping the wheel ratio.

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
Would go for Continental DWS06 Plus as mentioned above. The Conti's are consistently the strongest performers in slippery conditions, and the new Plus model has really upped dry handling and grip. Smooth and quiet as well.

You could run up to 275/35R19 in the front and 305/35R19 in the rear on the stock wheels, but running 295/35R19 in the rear is probably smarter to be the same ratio front/back as stock and to avoid rub. Unfortunately, the DWS06 Plus does not come in a 295 or 305 rear, so a 265/35 and 285/35 combo may be your best bet.

OP
OP
Benjilis

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Would go for Continental DWS06 Plus as mentioned above. The Conti's are consistently the strongest performers in slippery conditions, and the new Plus model has really upped dry handling and grip. Smooth and quiet as well.

You could run up to 275/35R19 in the front and 305/35R19 in the rear on the stock wheels, but running 295/35R19 in the rear is probably smarter to be the same ratio front/back as stock and to avoid rub. Unfortunately, the DWS06 Plus does not come in a 295 or 305 rear, so a 265/35 and 285/35 combo may be your best bet.
Sucks they donā€™t go higher. I was between those and the Michelin AS4

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra

I wouldn't even bother with all-seasons if im in Texas. 40 degrees for a little bit won't mess up your summer tires much.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I wouldn't even bother with all-seasons if im in Texas. 40 degrees for a little bit won't mess up your summer tires much.
True. However, summer tires' performance is drastically reduced under 45F which we experience quite often between November and March. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

OP
OP
Benjilis

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Driving on summer tires sub 40 degrees = wheel cracking.
I didnā€™t even drive much in the winter on stock tires and even parked my tires have hairline cracks. Nothing bad or thst I can notice while driving. But I know this winter they may be gone gone

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
Thank you. That helps a lot! Looks like they are keeping the wheel ratio.
Just wanted to say that I have literally driven the Conti's across the country, in 20 degree weather and 100+ degree weather and they perform great.

In the 265/35 front and 285/35 rear combo, they have more grip than the OEM Michelin PS4S tires.
They give up a little bit of dry performance, but you get an increase in wet performance over almost all of the best UHP all-season tires.

Also, they are the most lightweight UHP all-season tire. So if you care about rotational mass and fuel economy, they are top notch in that regard.

Definitely recommend the Conti's for an all-around daily UHP tire. They can handle slight amounts of snow if the "S" in DWS on the tires is still showing.

If you need to deal with snow on a regular basis, I'd go with a dedicated Winter tire.

This site should help you decide what you need:

https://www.tyrereviews.com/

It'll have more data on tires than you could ever want.

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
Driving on summer tires sub 40 degrees = wheel cracking.
I didnā€™t even drive much in the winter on stock tires and even parked my tires have hairline cracks. Nothing bad or thst I can notice while driving. But I know this winter they may be gone gone
With my M4 & Supra, as long as there was no snow on the ground (nor in the forecast), my Michelin PSS were fine for me. Used for multiple years from 10 degrees to 100 degrees. Never had an issue.
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk