MHD Flasher For 2020+ A90 Supra Discussion

NZ-Supra

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A90 Supra 2020 BMW M340i Xdrive
Two more weeks, right? MHD has been playing the "soon" game for what, almost 2 years now? Remember, it was in August when they teased a fully functional preview with the "coming soon" bait.
Either MHD needs better developers so they're not chasing bugs delaying releases or their developers are over worked and in need of competent head count.
I've been in IT for over 25 years, code is code. There's no special sauce here as the other 2 most popular platforms have the support.
MHD may be the first for the Gen1 crowd, but they are definitely last in the GenII camp so there's no horn to toot here.
It's a shame MHD can't be more transparent and commit to a release date. How easy my job would be if I didn't have to make commitments on dates to stay head of the competition.
Have a little more patience.
If youā€™re in IT and code is code develop it yourself..?
if not jump ship to BM3 or ECUTEK.

Kennith82

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Imagine if MG Flasher comes out with custom code support before MHD.
AFAIK Reflex support is close by for MG Flasher as well.

Shelby Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium & 2019 Shelby GT350R
Have a little more patience.
If youā€™re in IT and code is code develop it yourself..?
if not jump ship to BM3 or ECUTEK.
I plan to jump the sinking ship that is MHD. Patience, really? MHD is so far behind the curve on the Gen II weā€™ve got MG Flasher of all things making pace.
I get the support for MHD, itā€™s a nice platform. But if they canā€™t keep up on releases and spend 2 years dick teasing on coming soon shit that others already have itā€™s your time. MHD told me in 2 different responses 1. End of summer this year and then 2. By end of year. I personally think theyā€™re full of shit and too chicken shit to commit to a release date because of poor development management.
Good luck with your patience. Ecutek in the next month or so for me because Iā€™m not waiting another year for MHD to pull their head out.

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
If they don't give me a date, i can't really update here unfortunately. so I don't have any update currently. I'll post here as soon as I have something to post.

Not that you guys want to hear, but all is still well on our car with MHD+. No real bugs or anything.

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Imagine if MG Flasher comes out with custom code support before MHD.
AFAIK Reflex support is close by for MG Flasher as well.
Reflex support is on mhd. Who releases first? Who knows, anything is possible

Shelby Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If they don't give me a date, i can't really update here unfortunately. so I don't have any update currently. I'll post here as soon as I have something to post.

Not that you guys want to hear, but all is still well on our car with MHD+. No real bugs or anything.
How long have you been beta testing? 4-6 monthā€™s at least?
I know you have zero control on the release but it seems like an unusually long process with many missed ballpark releases provided by MHD themselves.
I know they read this forum, they sent me a message expressing their in-appreciation for my comments.
Bottom line, no commitments on a release. Forgoing a miracle release from MHD, Iā€™ll continue planning for ecutek in the next month or two.

NZ-Supra

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A90 Supra 2020 BMW M340i Xdrive
How long have you been beta testing? 4-6 monthā€™s at least?
I know you have zero control on the release but it seems like an unusually long process with many missed ballpark releases provided by MHD themselves.
I know they read this forum, they sent me a message expressing their in-appreciation for my comments.
Bottom line, no commitments on a release. Forgoing a miracle release from MHD, Iā€™ll continue planning for ecutek in the next month or two.
What did they say to you mate?
in MHD defence they didnā€™t specify end of the year, I think twisted stated end of the year. I donā€™t think they actually did an official release date.

As long as you donā€™t need Femto Ecutek will work. As ecutek doesnā€™t support femto dmes.

Does twisted have an inside scoop at all on anything else apart form the above mentioned?

Last edited:

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
in MHD defence they didnā€™t specify end of the year, I think twisted stated end of the year. I donā€™t think they actually did an official release date.

As long as you donā€™t need Femto Ecutek will work. As ecutek doesnā€™t support femto dmes.

Does twisted have an inside scoop at all on anything else apart form the above mentioned?
What do you mean the big power guys litterally like @zrk use a femto cloned dme and run ecutek. Ecutek/femto was literally the only true tuning option outside before bm3 could do things on a partial unlocked dme.

Shelby Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

They stated they read the forums and felt I was being rude. Tooted their horn on how well their business is doing and that no one is slaying them in this space. They offer more than their competitors etc. etc. yada yada.
I have messages responses from MHD directly where they first said end of summer and then said end of year. What they don't specify in any of those responses to me is which year.

Last edited:

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
As ecutek doesnā€™t support femto dmes.
I'm here because @Shelby Miles called. You are certainly just talking about unlocks not clones correct?

I am definitely on ECUTek on a femto dme.
Sponsored