New to Supra

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Important tip: be ready to talk to strangers about your car. Know your facts, if for example, someone asks if it’s twin turbo, and then you’re ready to explain the twin-scroll single turbo you have. Be ready to ignore a few trash-talkers.

And, above all, never back down from a challenge roll race. Take them to GappleBees for their choice of a gappetizer.?
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Important tip: be ready to talk to strangers about your car. Know your facts, if for example, someone asks if it’s twin turbo, and then you’re ready to explain the twin-scroll single turbo you have. Be ready to ignore a few trash-talkers.

And, above all, never back down from a challenge roll race. Take them to GappleBees for their choice of a gappetizer.?
I get the weirdest looks when I tell people its a twin scroll single turbo. Instead of explaining the concept I just say its a faster turbo. They seem to get that.

-RJM

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
I have a Phantom. I ended up wrapping the whole car with Xpel Stealth PPF, then ceramic on that. The paint isn’t actually as matte as you think, it’s more satin. Basically it’s a BMW Frozen formulation for use on this car. I’m glad I wrapped it, because it really helps prevent rock chips and helps with cleaning. Phantom is so uncommon a color choice that it really gets attention from folk…good attention.

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I understand that And I’ve only ever driven manual. But I have never seen a shifter like thisone

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
I understand that And I’ve only ever driven manual. But I have never seen a shifter like thisone
Its my first sports car with an automatic and it’s pretty intuitive. There is a little button the side younhave to hold when parked and then pull the shifter forward for reverse or backward for forward/auto. Once you have it in the forward position you can shift the lever over to the left for manual mode and paddles. I’m in manual mode 90%+ of the time as I find the car much more engaging. I’m honestly not even missing a manual gearbox and I was really worried about it.

Oh and to park you just hit the P button on the top of the shifter. It’s all really intuitive.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
Hello all!!! I just placed my order for the 2022 Supra 3.0L in Turbulence Gray. After seeing pics for the Phantom Gray though, I will be calling my dealer tomorrow to change my color. This will be our 4th Toyota, but our first Supra. We can't wait!!! Any tips or things to avoid with the Supra?
The phantom grey takes a lot of maintenance. It's very brittle without the clear coat. I considered it, but decided against it.

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
Practice Limbo so you'll be ready to get in and out of your new Supra without hitting your head or falling on your arse.

Also avoid heavy greasy foods so you can fit inside your Supra..
?

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
Its my first sports car with an automatic and it’s pretty intuitive. There is a little button the side younhave to hold when parked and then pull the shifter forward for reverse or backward for forward/auto. Once you have it in the forward position you can shift the lever over to the left for manual mode and paddles. I’m in manual mode 90%+ of the time as I find the car much more engaging. I’m honestly not even missing a manual gearbox and I was really worried about it.

Oh and to park you just hit the P button on the top of the shifter. It’s all really intuitive.
Of course he could just read the owner’s manual?

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Of course he could just read the owner’s manual?
I read the owner’s manual on every single car I get. And do as much research as I can on it. I think the new generation of kids just want to be spoon fed information and not have to do anything themselves. Not referring to the OP….
Sponsored

Last edited: