New (Unconfirmed) Details and Specifications of US-Spec MKV Supra:

Would you consider a single trim, 350hp, 3300lbs/1500kg luxury A90 Supra at $60k+?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lemetier

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes
I was told by another source completely unrelated to A70s source to expect an iron block and a well flowing head. This was maybe 3-4 days ago. This source is not an engineer but someone close to Tada-San that had been in and driven the car.

The iron block was still pretty unbelievable for me too but with the latest stuff from A70 and now this, I can't help but be a believer.
Maybe poke to see if it’s iron sleeved bores? That would be more in line with the S58 @ 490hp.
Sponsored

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
it's solid iron, but I believe it's likely composed of CGI. What I don't know is specifically where the block came from; I was told it was an existing design that hinted at the M57, but my latest conversation almost sounded like the motor will still carry a B58 designation (different version number?)

As Guff said, one of Tada's closest friends made a FB post about the block being iron a few days back if anyone was still on the fence. This particular individual is privy to product planning/PR and engineering efforts and generally knows this information before anyone else outside of Tada's inner circle (even myself).

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
it's solid iron, but I believe it's likely composed of CGI. What I don't know is specifically where the block came from; I was told it was an existing design that hinted at the M57, but my latest conversation almost sounded like the motor will still carry a B58 designation (different version number?)

As Guff said, one of Tada's closest friends made a FB post about the block being iron a few days back if anyone was still on the fence. This particular individual is privy to product planning/PR and engineering efforts and generally knows this information before anyone else outside of Tada's inner circle (even myself).
Can you share the link for the non-believers?

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
they were on the fence last I checked, but it seemed like they were leaning more towards the traditional aluminum B58. IMO, it also makes far more sense for them based on their market etc.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
they were on the fence last I checked, but it seemed like they were leaning more towards the traditional aluminum B58. IMO, it also makes far more sense for them based on their market etc.
Thanks, I also wonder how long until the media gets hold of your post. :lol:

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't think they care, otherwise they would have posted ages ago about the composites and a ton of other stuff I've given away over time.

granted this one has a bit more confirmation, but they dont seem to care much about confirming facts as seen time and again haha.

Hoss57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Z28 A4 cammed & stalled full bolt-ons. 1999 Formula M6 stock
Okay, this is a game changer. If this is a bespoke, CGI block, with worked heads and D-4S derivative system... the scalability in tuning will be practically limitless. This seems to be in the vein of a 2J successor that Tada says he was aiming for.

So if the car comes out with mid 300 bhp, the insurance companies can rate me on that, then I visit the speed shop!

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT

CGI FTMFW.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Forgot to add that the M57TU was made of CGI before the all aluminum TU2 came out and that's what I base my analysis on in part.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Awesome. Thanks A70. It wouldn't make sense from a vehicle systems perspective to have two I6s (Iron and Aluminium), so I'm guessing that any I6 would be iron?

Nice to see it flows well too. Anyone that knows the 2JZ knows that the head does flow well at all. Handle a bazillion boost, reliably? Sure. Flow good cfm numbers? Yeahnah

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Awesome. I just hope it sounds angry. BMW's I6 of late sound shit, and there is no excuse for that.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.