New (Unconfirmed) Details and Specifications of US-Spec MKV Supra:

Would you consider a single trim, 350hp, 3300lbs/1500kg luxury A90 Supra at $60k+?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Nice to see it flows well too. Anyone that knows the 2JZ knows that the head does flow well at all. Handle a bazillion boost, reliably? Sure. Flow good cfm numbers? Yeahnah
I was told that was one of the benefits with going NA-T. Better air flow with the GE head.
Sponsored

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I've got some flow rate curves for Toyota heads somewhere. IIRC, there was little difference between GE and GTE heads.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Can only find it in pleb spec resolution - but yes you're right- at higher lift, the exhaust of the GE in fact flows the most of all JZ heads :)

also check out that 7M on par with 1JZ for a bit, awwww yeeeaaaa

36942347_272560033511725_3225720889714671616_n.jpg

OP
OP
Guff

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I think the JZ world forgot about head flow after they found lopey cams and head studs strong enough to handle 30 pounds lol. A solid head on the MKV motor would be icing on the cake if we indeed get the CGI block that's supposedly internally tested to 700hp. My concern is that only the GRMN version will get that motor, but that's just a thought in my head, so far there's not anything to suggest that.

D4S is a must in my eyes though, I haven't heard anything specifically regarding it, so I'm just keeping my hopes up. It adds complexity, sure, but it really is a best of both worlds system. Having the ability to slap in bigger port injectors and having E85 easily compatible is a big plus.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Agree 100%
I hope all variants get the tough block... Shirely from a business case perspective that'd be the case.....

OP
OP
Guff

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
One thing that is a total unknown is the ECU though. There is a high chance it's a standard BMW DME system, but I'm hoping it's different/modified enough to make it easier to tune. Breaking the initial encryption for bin dumps and even getting to a write-ready stage is generally fine. But afaik even the B58 tuners haven't gotten past all the stupid restrictive stuff in the B58 DME like the Fuel Soft Cap, which pulls boost/timing when rail pressure drops, like it would when running E85 and flowing more fuel. It took some time (and hardware) for the electronic wastegate control tuning to come out too. Here's to hoping they take a page from Subaru here and make it the Sega Dreamcast of ECUs...

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
From a business case perspective that'd be the case.....
People like to say that, but I've seen parts reworked and changed for different models that didn't need to be so many times from companies like Toyota that I really don't think they calculate things that way. They will make 5 variations of essentially the same part for different grade levels all the time.

Jeff

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Yeah, accounting is a huge deal, but at the component level exceptions are everywhere.

It's hard to generalize because it's fairly illogical at times, and yet other times it does hold true.

Basically, no universal truth.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, accounting is a huge deal, but at the component level exceptions are everywhere.

It's hard to generalize because it's fairly illogical at times, and yet other times it does hold true.

Basically, no universal truth.
Guessing you gonna stay up too to see this thing in action?

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Yeah, I look forward to seeing the details in the AM.

EDIT:
Lol, one of the other engineers and a PR person want me to stay up with them and watch. Shame I'm pushing 31 and nothing matters more than sleep these days.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Guff

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I look forward to seeing the details in the AM.

EDIT:
Lol, one of the other engineers and a PR person want me to stay up with them and watch. Shame I'm pushing 31 and nothing matters more than sleep these days.

Enjoy!
31?? Jeez you're ancient, my man! :p

I'm up now but we won't see anything for another hour I'm guessing. Doubt I'll be able to stay awake but we'll see...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.