New (Unconfirmed) Details and Specifications of US-Spec MKV Supra:

Would you consider a single trim, 350hp, 3300lbs/1500kg luxury A90 Supra at $60k+?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Guff. For us Canadians though, holy crap with the tariff added at $79,400 converted today that is $105,000 CND...even higher potentially as the same car us is always more over US models...
Why would a US tariff apply to us Canadians?!
Sponsored

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Not saying it will apply to Canada, but with all the trade/tariffs going on now it could by the time this car comes to market next year...(harley davidson may move production out of the US due to tariffs which would be terrible) There is a lot of uncertainty right now...

Last edited:

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If the tariffs become a thing, wouldn't the main domestic brands cut prices to make it a steal just to take sales away?

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Tariff on imports
Does not compute....

Canada (some Americans' perceptions to the contrary) is not the 51st US state. It won't be imposing import tariffs on Japanese cars just because the US does. In fact if tariffs do get applied to the Supra by the US, the resultant oversupply of vehicles due to lower US demand could lead to lower pricing in Canada.

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder why they didnā€™t get in bed with rolls to build the Century. They couldā€™ve saved so much money. One day all Toyotaā€™s will be someone elseā€™s cars.. they should also let Honda build the next Camry

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I wonder why they didnā€™t get in bed with rolls to build the Century. They couldā€™ve saved so much money. One day all Toyotaā€™s will be someone elseā€™s cars.. they should also let Honda build the next Camry
The development cost lots of money with euro specifications. Is not easy to validate crash test with l6 engine. Not easy to reduce co2 emissions. Only bmw have validate l6 this for euro 6 spec. That why Toyota have choices and make partnership with bmw.

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT
Why? A Century is + $200k.They also sell well enough with guaranteed buyers and have a very long life cycle. Few true sports cars sell . Their cost of development is high. Do you want a Supra that approaches LFA pricing? Honestly, I could think of few other companies that would be a better partner for Toyota to build a dedicated sports car platform with (Lotus springs to mind). If after 5 years the car turns to complete crap I'd get the incessant moaning, but Christ almighty this is getting tiring.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.